9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start of the season he was electric on the wing, then a few niggles coincided with mahrez reaching unbelievable levels and he found himself out of the side. He hasn't really had a run since then to get back in as a certain starter, similar to how stones or laporte couldn't get back in the side over the last 2 seasons.

If he wants to leave then that's a different matter but we have no reason to assume that's the case. even if he remains a bit part player, they have their worth, it's impossible to have a winning squad without bit part players, jesus is different from a lot of our forward players and more than proves his worth to the side every season

He's more than good enough and he's exactly the type of forward we need in certain situations. When Pep wants a high energy game, he turns to jesus. Pep has said numerous times there's no better player on the planet more suited to doing that for him than jesus.
Let’s not bother with haaland or anyone and just keep Jesus and play him as a number 9 next season then .

You can claim he hasn't reached the heights you might have thought he would reach and that wouldnt be unfair but he has not regressed since signing.

I don't believe he's a key player in the same way kdb is a key player but he's a unique player to Pep within the squad and I believe he values that quite highly.

Why is he automatically surplus to requirements if we sign a striker when he hasn't even been playing as a striker? It's a baseless statement. We dont know how our squad will transform but there's probably space in our squad for upto 2 more forward players this summer if we do some reshuffling without anybody leaving, we are actually quite under stocked in attack and if somebody does go, it could just as easily be any of the forwards not named Foden.

Neither of us has a clue whether he will leave us or not, but what I will say is there's no way Pep pushes jesus out the door, he only goes if he asks to.
We didn’t sign him as a winger did we . He was signed as a future replacement to kun and tbh he has failed . We don’t need him as a winger but as a forward to score the goals .

Let’s not bother with haaland or anyone and just keep Jesus and play him as a number 9 next season then .
A logical jump to make based on what I said.... Signing Haaland isn't dependent on us selling Jesus. Both can fit into the squad and offer vastly different things.

We didn’t sign him as a winger did we . He was signed as a future replacement to kun and tbh he has failed . We don’t need him as a winger but as a forward to score the goals .

Well actually, he had played a lot of his games in Brazil from the flank so we kind of did. We didn't sign him purely as a future kun replacement either, you don't sign a replacement about 4 years in advance of replacing him, we signed him as another forward option, an alternative and he's proven his value plenty of times.

I didn't say 'striker', I said 'forward'.

Jesus is a passenger in our current squad imo. I reckon we'll take the first offer over £35m in the summer.
Fair enough, my mistake, my point still stands though, we've got room in the squad for new signings and Jesus if he wants to be here.

I find that an odd description, Jesus is one of the last players you'd describe as a passenger. if he has a truly terrible game the very least he will do is pull his weight.

A logical jump to make based on what I said.... Signing Haaland isn't dependent on us selling Jesus. Both can fit into the squad and offer vastly different things.

Well actually, he had played a lot of his games in Brazil from the flank so we kind of did. We didn't sign him purely as a future kun replacement either, you don't sign a replacement about 4 years in advance of replacing him, we signed him as another forward option, an alternative and he's proven his value plenty of times.

Fair enough, my mistake, my point still stands though, we've got room in the squad for new signings and Jesus if he wants to be here.

I find that an odd description, Jesus is one of the last players you'd describe as a passenger. if he has a truly terrible game the very least he will do is pull his weight.
He was brought in ti be kuns replacement if and when that happened and not as a winger as we didn’t need another one . Don’t forget if we get haaland and we already have Alvarez aswell so Jesus will not really get any game time which he will be looking for with it being World Cup year so he will be gone first time a decent offer comes in . I get that you like him and wish that it works for him at City but I think that ship has sailed mate .

He was brought in ti be kuns replacement if and when that happened and not as a winger as we didn’t need another one . Don’t forget if we get haaland and we already have Alvarez aswell so Jesus will not really get any game time which he will be looking for with it being World Cup year so he will be gone first time a decent offer comes in . I get that you like him and wish that it works for him at City but I think that ship has sailed mate .
I don't see how he can be a replacement for somebody that played for 4 years together in the same side, he was just a different option rather than a replacement. We had 2 undroppable wingers at that point so he was only getting a look in upfront and it was much easier to ask a young 19 year old to play upfront for Pep than the wing but the point was he hasn't suddenly decided to try his hand at playing as a wide man, He's always played that kind of role and we signed him after seeing him in that role.

None of us know what's going to happen with alvarez, he might not even be here next season yet and if he is, it's not unreasonable to suggest he might not feature much for the first year while he adjusts. But even if we brought in both of them this summer there's still just about enough room for them all. The dippers have 5 starting forwards and 3 other options for just 3 positions, Chelsea have about the same as the dippers and they don't even always have as many attacking players on the pitch. we currently have just 5 options for our front 3 that goes to 7 with those two additions and you can also make a case for pushing at least foden back into midfield. There's room.

Yep, just like Grealish and Foden were passengers today. Jesus came on and he looked an instant threat, people will claim he didn’t score but at least he got into positions to get a shot on goal. I’d be half tempted to play him against Atletico, but Pep doesn’t trust him.

Yep, just like Grealish and Foden were passengers today. Jesus came on and he looked an instant threat, people will claim he didn’t score but at least he got into positions to get a shot on goal. I’d be half tempted to play him against Atletico, but Pep doesn’t trust him.
I'm not sure about atletico, I've no idea how peps going to set us up, if he's going for it from the off, he could play, if he's wanting to control it as much as possible he probably doesn't. I'm expecting him to play against Liverpool though, the inevitable intensity of that game is where he shines.

Unfortunately them shots on goal count for fuck all unless they go in

Nah. He's just a bottle job of a player and I don't think that is an aspect of his game that will go anywhere. Trying hard isn't good enough for a club at our level there has to be some consistent end product over time and there just isn't with Jesus and he's been here forever unlike Grealish. Its true phil wasn't arsed today but he's ten times the player this guy is I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.