9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly certain that Jesus will score some crucial goals over the next months. He'll finish the season strongly.

This.

Jesus thrives in big games: scored the winner at Chelsea, assisted the 1st goal at Anfield, scored the winner vs PSG, scored the 2nd goal today. The biggest goals are yet to come, though (not counting the goal that made us Centurions).

Last edited:
Great goal, but so frustrating to watch at times. Kept making the wrong decisions

That’s only to be suspected though. He needs games for rhythm. It’s hard to keep match sharp when you don’t play regularly.

He scored a good goal, agreed shoukd have scored/created another. He put one on a plate for Sterling.

He carried out the tactical instructions to a tee.

I know people want to focus on his questionable decision making in moments (fair enough) but his positives today were there for all to see. Scored, worked his balls off and stopped Robertson having any impact. I know I am in a minority but I prefer the team when he is in it. For me, I would have him in over Mahrez every Prem game, because I think the team improves.

I know people want to focus on his questionable decision making in moments (fair enough) but his positives today were there for all to see. Scored, worked his balls off and stopped Robertson having any impact. I know I am in a minority but I prefer the team when he is in it. For me, I would have him in over Mahrez every Prem game, because I think the team improves.
Yeah he was the best of the front 3, can't look at one moment he didnt pass.

He is clearly vying for a spot. Let's see how he takes the rest of the season, one game isn't enough.

Jesus is a player for the biggest games. His energy and ability to press aside, he's our most productive player in the biggest games (not named KDB).

Brilliant and showed exactly what he offers to his squad. We have plenty of options that do largely similar things in the side, Grealish foden mahrez etc, Jesus is different and vital in the big games. He scored, should have had a few assists, completely negated 1 of their 2 main sources of attack and could have got Robertson sent off had we focused our game down that side a little more. Made a mockery of those suggesting he isn't good enough.

We have to play the remainder of our games at an intensity similar to today to win the league, he has to be more involved for us to do that. big part to play in the remaining games. Hard to keep mahrez out, he needs to be upfront if he's not on the right.

Jesus is a player for the biggest games. His energy and ability to press aside, he's our most productive player in the biggest games (not named KDB).

I think maybe im judging him harshly in that if we had a top striker than the burden on scoring is taken off him.

He's more of a forward player than a striker.

Still shouldn't need a run of games to know when to pass or shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.