9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rarely lets us down, the work rate is always there even if the finishing isn't, today he had both.

Put his name right in the hat to start the FA Cup Semi Final.

He loves playing the Dippers and has to start at Wembley , absolutely brilliant today the annoying thing about the lad is he can play 90 minutes and be anonymous and then he puts in a peformance like that today. If Haaland arrives it would not surprise me if he leaves but he will be remembered fondly for games like today , i think if he played in Ser A or La Liga he would tear it up in a less intense league.

I'm always happy to see his name on the team sheet in big matches, similarly with Bernardo.

You know he'll graft, get stuck in and cause a nuisance - and often bags an important goal as he did today.
The correct call to play him over Mahrez for me.

He had a couple of uncharacteristic selfish moments when he could have passed instead of shooting, but he had another good game overall.

He loves playing the Dippers and has to start at Wembley , absolutely brilliant today the annoying thing about the lad is he can play 90 minutes and be anonymous and then he puts in a peformance like that today. If Haaland arrives it would not surprise me if he leaves but he will be remembered fondly for games like today , i think if he played in Ser A or La Liga he would tear it up in a less intense league.

With performances like the one today, I doubt we'd let him leave.

I said a bit back that I'd like to see Jesus play with Haaland (if he comes) and Alvarez. If Alvarez is PL level then you'd have 2 workhorses up front to cause havoc and Haaland would cleanup.

Especially with the energy of Bernardo, Foden, KDB or Rodri in midfield.

Why can't we play with 12 players?

I hope Jesus stays. (At the expense of Sterling)

The only thing that let him down today was decision making and his desire to score more goals himself.Sometimes you have to keep things simple......but his heart and fight thinks otherwise.

He did great though overall and we play better with him in the side.

I think it's time to shift him back to centre.

Foden isn't really better as a central striker, as is Raz.

Foden and Grealish on the left, Mahrez and Raz on the right is what I prefer.

Gabby's problem, similar to Raz, is his head/confidence. He needs tons of support to talk him up but I'd try to believe in his finishing strengths that he has.

Maybe he'll never really learn how to stay onside but I'd accept that.

Pep, do it.

Showed the good and the bad today. Pressed hard, was always an outball and on the move. Should have got his head off sooner and made 2 layoffs rather than shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.