9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep him for as long as he wants the role. Rarely has a bad game, seems to have a great attitude.

Any replacement would either have to play a lot more or be a lot worse to accept that playing time.

Plus Jesus is a big game player and you can't have too many of those.

Keep him for as long as he wants the role. Rarely has a bad game, seems to have a great attitude.

Any replacement would either have to play a lot more or be a lot worse to accept that playing time.

So big he didnt stop a dipper break that led to a goal, naval gazing

I think he will probably want to move on, if he's doesn't though we should definitely keep him, a valuable squad member.

Exactly, he might not be perfect but he'll be harder to replace than we realise. I think he's more appreciated at the club than some on here would like to hear.
I suspect you'd be in a minority if you asked all 40k season card holders for their opinion, but ultimately, it's only Pep's that matters. The buck stops with him.

I'd be more than happy to see Jesus create or score the winning goals in our next two games. But I'm not going to hold my breath...

Let's see what happens in the summer and then see where Jesus is in the pecking order.

Absolutely no chance. Grealish is no where near the player Jesus is. And he’s older too..

Jesus has shown to be very very dangerous and have the ability to affect the very biggest of games in several positions. If he’f had the game time Grealish has had this season he’d be on Mahrez numbers.

To date, Grealish has shown nothing, and I mean nothing to even suggest he’s close to being good enough for City.

Even his biggest fans know he’s been shite, hence all the excuses we here for his poor performances. He needs time, he needs an overlapping fullback, he needs to play centrally, he needs a striker.

I agree. he needs time. But he also needs to use the minutes he has on the pitch to directly influence games.
Like it or not, Jesus has done that all season and barely played.

Jesus, like Stones(bizarrely) seem to make way for inferior players or get shunted round quite regularly.

Most of our biggest performances have come with Jesus in the side.

Just want to point out. According to FBref status of Premier league record.
Grealish has played 1544min = 17.2 game.
Jesus has played 1447min = 16.1 game.
Mahrez played 1229min = 13.7 game.
These 3 are the least played front role players. Sterling and Foden played much more minutes.

If we bring in Haaland and Alvarez then unfortunately one if not both of Sterling and Jesus will probably need to leave. It's a shame because if it was up to me we'd keep both as they offer things our other forwards don't. If we hadn't signed Grealish then there would be enough room to keep both but he's obviously not going anywhere so someone will have to make way.

Just want to point out. According to FBref status of Premier league record.
Grealish has played 1544min = 17.2 game.
Jesus has played 1447min = 16.1 game.
Mahrez played 1229min = 13.7 game.
These 3 are the least played front role players. Sterling and Foden played much more minutes.

Yes, but most of Grealish’s minutes have come in starts and most of Jesus’s minutes have come off the bench. Which makes a big difference. Having said that, Jesus’s return is still much better than Grealish. Especially considering over all competitions Grealish has had 400 minutes more.

Grealish has played over 2200 minutes. Contributing just 7 goals & assists. Peterborough, Norwich & Leeds were amongst his 4 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.