9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So impatient.

I've said many times on here that Grealish was signed at a time when we were 99.9% sure that Kane was coming. It's not his fault that Pep's plans for 21/22 were spoiled by Levy.

Wait until he's playing in a system designed for a genuine striker before ou judge Grealish

As for Jesus... He's regressed over the last three seasons and has failed to reach his early potential. He's only still with City because we didn't get Harry Kane.
Okay so to get the best out of a supposedly city standard player we have to splash another 100m+ on Kane? So basically if Kane doesn't come then we are stuck with a 100m pile of steaming horse shit? And THIS is the guy you choose to throw Jesus under the bus for? What the hell is wrong with some of you here? The same Jesus that was very vital in the Centurion season? The same Jesus who pulled off a magic trick from nowhere that left Gomez for dead and got us right back into the game against the dippers? The same Jesus who has been very influential to the team setup until recently when Pep decided to keep him out, THAT'S the guy you decide to shit on just so you can justify the fact that you so desperately want Grealish to play in a team where, going by current form, he has absolutely no business in.

Given Pep has said we never even put in a bid for Kane, we were never anywhere near being 99.9% sure of signing Kane.

The Grealish overpraising doesn't need to spill into this thread so I'll keep this bit as short as possible, If a player can only perform in one particular setup then he isn't city material. Every single one of our attacking players will benefit from having a striker, why is Grealish going to suddenly benefit more?

As for Jesus, there was never any indication he was leaving last summer, Kane or no Kane. No idea where you've come up with that from. He's just played a key role in one of our most important games and scored, he's been key in huge games over the seasons, this season alone as well as scoring last weekend he was excellent and got the winner at Stamford Bridge, he was excellent at Anfield and created a goal there that got us a point. in the big games when we play in a manner that suits his skills he turns up consistently and deserves far more respect than to say a guy who has done fuck all for us so far in his city career is 3 times the player.
Brilliant post!

I am not sure why some just don't get it. While he was here, Yaya played in the AM, CAM and on rare occasions as a poor DM but atleast he put in an effort there. Spanish Dave played as an CM/AM and sometimes drifted towards the wings! Gundo plays CM/AM/DM/free role, same for KDB and Bernie have been used to play basically all positions on the field except for the CB/ wing back positions. The narrative that the system has to adjust for Grealish is the new desperate spin by people who just wouldn't admit that, based on current form, the guy doesn't fit in.

The system doesn't adjust for the player to fit in, the player adjusts his play style to the system! Any player that doesn't have the fluidity to adjust his style of play has no business playing for city and would be better off starting alongside McTominay and Fred!

Okay so to get the best out of a supposedly city standard player we have to splash another 100m+ on Kane? So basically if Kane doesn't come then we are stuck with a 100m pile of steaming horse shit? And THIS is the guy you choose to throw Jesus under the bus for? What the hell is wrong with some of you here? The same Jesus that was very vital in the Centurion season? The same Jesus who pulled off a magic trick from nowhere that left Gomez for dead and got us right back into the game against the dippers? The same Jesus who has been very influential to the team setup until recently when Pep decided to keep him out, THAT'S the guy you decide to shit on just so you can justify the fact that you so desperately want Grealish to play in a team where, going by current form, he has absolutely no business in.

I see that the whole Jesus family has turned up to have their say.

He's overrated and lucky to be anywhere near the PL in my opinion. You see what you see, I see what I see. We've both been watching the same thing for four or five years and have different opinions.

You go on about him as if he's the new Pele, I think he's a second-rate Neymar wannabe.

He's overrated and lucky to be anywhere near the PL in my opinion. You see what you see, I see what I see. We've both been watching the same thing for four or five years and have different opinions.

You go on about him as if he's the new Pele, I think he's a second-rate Neymar wannabe.
Whilst I don't agree with your assessment of Jesus I understand why people have lost patience, but you're arguing with a poster who has just said Sancho has had a better season than Grealish (I know I know, I can't help myself..) so you're unlikely to make any headway here.

I'd be more than happy to see Jesus stay, a big reason being we will struggle to replace him without spending big. Maybe there's a couple of youngsters ready to step up but his experience in the league and him playing for Pep for so long is invaluable.

I think Grealish is the sexy Charlie Adams

Whilst I don't agree with your assessment of Jesus I understand why people have lost patience, but you're arguing with a poster who has just said Sancho has had a better season than Grealish (I know I know, I can't help myself..) so you're unlikely to make any headway here.

I'd be more than happy to see Jesus stay, a big reason being we will struggle to replace him without spending big. Maybe there's a couple of youngsters ready to step up but his experience in the league and him playing for Pep for so long is invaluable.
Ah, yes! The fool who suggested we snap off the hands of anyone who offers 100m+ for Kdb when he was out of form.

Love him but if somebody offered close to 100m for him I’d snap their hands off. I fear we are going to see a pale imitation of the KDB we’ve been used to going forward over the next season or two.

I just noticed something about the both of you, you guys are either the same person or you both have a very shitty concept about football! The bullshit that @Phil1 posted about selling kdb here https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...-22-performances.351424/page-71#post-14421894 was actually liked by @Lavinda Past . You can't make this shit up!

The clown duo that is @Phil1 and @Lavinda Past think its a good idea to "snap off" the hands of anyone who offers 100m for KDB but then somehow think offering 100m for Grealish was brilliant business!

Anyone who takes either one of these clowns opinions serious on this forum needs a fucking slap.

clown1.JPG

clown2.JPG

Jack Grealish is three times the player that Gabriel Jesus is.
Jesus has had years to get his act together at City and still, no-one seems to be sure what his 'best' (least worst) role is. He's certainly not a guaranteed starter. He'd be best leaving for an easier league in warmer climes to restart his career.

Absolutely no chance. Grealish is no where near the player Jesus is. And he’s older too..

Jesus has shown to be very very dangerous and have the ability to affect the very biggest of games in several positions. If he’f had the game time Grealish has had this season he’d be on Mahrez numbers.

To date, Grealish has shown nothing, and I mean nothing to even suggest he’s close to being good enough for City.

Even his biggest fans know he’s been shite, hence all the excuses we here for his poor performances. He needs time, he needs an overlapping fullback, he needs to play centrally, he needs a striker.

I agree. he needs time. But he also needs to use the minutes he has on the pitch to directly influence games.
Like it or not, Jesus has done that all season and barely played.

Jesus, like Stones(bizarrely) seem to make way for inferior players or get shunted round quite regularly.

Most of our biggest performances have come with Jesus in the side.

Last edited:

I'm also in "JESUS Out" team, but this post is funny and inadequate in every aspect..

During these years, Jesus contributed a lot in every tournament and since debut was a hard-working team-player..

I can count a lot of "big games" were his presence was vital and we were a better team because of him.

But now, all this "Right Winger" shit and his new "position" means that City needs to move on and Jesus has to find a team as well..

If you look at his skills, even in the last video City youtube channel uploaded - he is not a winger, but a centre forward who has to improve his finishing skills to be a complete player, but instead of working on that he chose to play "easier" position and thus - become a regular substitute for Mahrez or Sterling..

Sad side of this story is that, even against Liverpool he showed once again how talented player he is and what he could have been if some details were managed better..

Fortunately, he is 24 and still has a lot of years to play top football.. City can benefit and receive good offer and maybe in another team Jesus will fulfill his true potential.

But in overall, GJ will be a player who will be remembered a lot by the City fans due to his contribution and dedication on the pitch in every game, I'm 100% sure about it.

Thanks for your balanced response Phil.

I'm definitely not a Jesus 'hater', I just think he's failed to reach/realise his potential at City, lacks the strength/nous to worry defenders, and doesn’t have a genuine killer instinct in front of goal.

Personally, I think he's unsuited to the PL and would have more success in Italy or Spain where the game tends to be played at a slower pace than in England.

We've got players who can already play Jesus's role better than he does. In addition, Cole Palmer is coming through and will very soon eclipse Jesus.

While there's no urgency around spending, I'd have no problem with City spending big to replace Jesus with a stronger, more 'streetwise' forward, and let him go to prove himself elsewhere.

Given Pep has said we never even put in a bid for Kane, we were never anywhere near being 99.9% sure of signing Kane.

The Grealish overpraising doesn't need to spill into this thread so I'll keep this bit as short as possible, If a player can only perform in one particular setup then he isn't city material. Every single one of our attacking players will benefit from having a striker, why is Grealish going to suddenly benefit more?

As for Jesus, there was never any indication he was leaving last summer, Kane or no Kane. No idea where you've come up with that from. He's just played a key role in one of our most important games and scored, he's been key in huge games over the seasons, this season alone as well as scoring last weekend he was excellent and got the winner at Stamford Bridge, he was excellent at Anfield and created a goal there that got us a point. in the big games when we play in a manner that suits his skills he turns up consistently and deserves far more respect than to say a guy who has done fuck all for us so far in his city career is 3 times the player.

Excellent repost. I’d also add, if we had of signed Kane, the form of Bernardo, De Bruyne, Mahrez and Foden would have seen almost zero place for Grealish. Not to mention Sterling that has returned to form & has excellent link up play with Kane already. Then there’s Gundogan that would run rings round Grealish in any position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.