9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Jesus’s sixth season with us now. He is definitely one of the top forwards in world football. However, probably not the one for us. He doesn’t seem to be progressing. His stats for goals are going downhill. No one can fault his attitude. He is a talented footballer but just not a talented enough finisher.

I can see him going somewhere else (Germany, Italy…) where he is picked every game as the centre forward and scoring for fun, but I just can’t see it happening here. I’d like him to prove me wrong but as I said… this is his sixth season.
Top forwards in the world are you sure

Seen we'd only get £25mil/£30mil

I'd keep him, think he's really ulcerated and even if we massively upgrade his wages he'd be on half of what Sterling is CURRENTLY on

Renew his contract

Just don't make him our number 9, he's more of a useful squad player

Yes he missed the best chance of the second half but he was the only forward you could say had a decent game overall. Grealish and Sterling weren't offering nearly enough on and off the ball. Sterling's chance was a lot better than he realised at the time as well, he just rushed it.
He was our best striker today which wasn’t hard bearing in mind how shit the others were but you can’t miss chances like that at this level. That was a key moment in the game, one on one with no defender near him and the whole goal in front of him.

It’s a shame because he’s so likeable but you can’t have a striker who misses that one he had on a plate today. It’s so obviously needed to be off the ground, all forwards know that, because a keeper has to plant their legs when they come and spread themselves.

He’s brilliant at a lot of things but the things he’s in the team for, he doesn’t excel at.

Finishing the chance he had today is a necessity at 4-0 up but even more so to pull us back into the game.

If was the main man in a team he knows he is playing every game he would be a top top striker! At city he fills in now again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.