9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like a world beater today compared to our other (I use the term loosely) 'forwards', but still simply not good enough for PL level football. His awful attempt in the 1 on 1 with Allison summed up his last few seasons for me... Coulda, shoulda, didn't.

It's a very rare day when Gabriel Jesus is the best forward on display in a City shirt.

I haven’t seen any replays but man he absolutely has to score the 2nd one when he’s through on the keeper and he probably should score the first. He’s never gonna make the grade and while I accept the argument that he’s a useful squad player who can occasionally turn in a top class display he’s just too inconsistent to be worth a place.

He’s been here a long time now, maybe he’s going a bit stale. We should move him on.

Such a shame he can't finish. Movement and trickery that really causes problems but finishing that generally lets him down. The chance to make it 3-2 with 20 to go just has to be buried. Allison had already committed, he was down low ready for a side foot. Gabby just needed to slightly lift it and we would have had 20mins to find an equaliser. We saw how much they shit it at 3-2 with minutes left...

When you have Sterling also wasting so many chances with poor timing and a complete lack of finishing it can be so frustrating. Can someone not spend time coaching them?!

Such a shame he can't finish. Movement and trickery that really causes problems but finishing that generally lets him down. The chance to make it 3-2 with 20 to go just has to be buried. Allison had already committed, he was down low ready for a side foot. Gabby just needed to slightly lift it and we would have had 20mins to find an equaliser. We saw how much they shit it at 3-2 with minutes left...

When you have Sterling also wasting so many chances with poor timing and a complete lack of finishing it can be so frustrating. Can someone not spend time coaching them?!
Could have gone round him, keeper was already committed

This is a lad who does not shirk responsibility!

Not a lot came off for him, and he should have fucking scored! but I’ll tell you what he has in him more than any other forward thinking player who played yesterday: a desire to show he can be picked to lead this team when other leaders aren’t there!

He put the extra effort in, he defended from the front, he worked his bollocks off to find space, he was a leader amongst a team of shirkers yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.