9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of his best performances in a City shirt today. An absolute menace for 90 minutes. I’ve always felt strongly that he could never be the man to replace Aguero, but he has a place in this team and the right wing is a spot he can make his own if he wants it enough. Mahrez has turned 30 and Jesus is still only 24.

Maybe this could be his year...

He plays with less expectation on the wing. Work rate on and off the ball is excellent. Running at defenders and delivering a final pass.

Top performance, think the penny’s finally dropped for pep, he’s not a striker!! Hope he’s here to stay and we see more performances like today off of the wing

I do not care if RW is Mahrez and Sterling’s best position, if they cannot hold down their spot and if we have to put up with inconsistencies from time to time, then if we have Jesus putting these kind of direct, threatening and effective performances, then we may as well let him have the role.

Meritocracy rules here.

I always enjoy watching him, and he's usually pretty effective with the ball, when he's at striker he just doesn't get the ball as much as when he's on the wing. He'll likely never be the surgical finisher that Aguero was, and we likely still need that sort of player, but he's fantastic player and I echo others thinking he could make a spot on the wing his.

Got three assists and assisted the disallowed goal also.

Fantastic today. At least from watching this match, it seems like RW is where he's at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.