9 more wins

manimanc said:
this^^^^^^^

i`m feeling the same,30th april we go into the derby 3pts ahead and with a plus 20 goal difference,we win the match and go 6 pts ahead with two games left......

i can feel the butterflies already....
i've got goosebumps thinking about that scenario.

Best not to think of the games ahead, and consider the old addage "next game is the most important". If we think of winining the one game at a time and providing we do, then, as it stands the premiership title is ours. Sarting with the Bolton game. Play to win this game. Forget about United, let them worry about being in second place.

My honest opinion which not many will like is that apart from the derby I cannot see United losing a game, next week they have Spurs who have probably their most crucial player out in Parker and with not much 'in house' training due to international duty I can only see a United win.

We cannot lose a game now; not even draw for that matter, we need to have a cushion of 4 points going into the derby so just in case they beat us we are still 1 point in front.

Many are saying United are rubbish we can beat them easily, its different on derby day anything can happen and this season is going to be like it is in La Liga where the 2 El Classicos decide the league and with many of the top teams under performing this season any team for us and United are beatable!

Time to turn their pr spin about them having the advantage of no games on saturday and playing after us on them. We win our games first they will feel the pressure of being 5 pts behind everytime they kick off.

A warning against complacency

Book1.jpg

I’ll preface my comments by saying I’ve waited as long as most for us to win the league and am heartily sick of having my nose rubbed in it year after long year.

I’ve been asked all season by fans of other teams whether I thought we do it this season and my answer has always been an unequivocal “YES”, but it’s only today I’ve sat down and looked at our remaining fixtures, and it’s tighter than I’d thought.

For our part, much as I’d like to go the whole season winning every home game, I don’t think it’ll happen (I’ve supported this club too long). Most likely we’ll drop points against Chelsea or more likely, against the Scum. Arsenal away is a massive game. We beat them at their place for the first time this year since I started supporting City in 1976, and that only in the Carling Cup. I’d settle for the same score now, but they could well be on a roll after this weekend’s result and the run of easy-ish fixtures they have prior to playing us. I reckon we could drop points away to Newcastle too as they could score as many goals as we do, if Ba and Cisse are firing.

As for the Rags, I can see them getting a point (or more) away at Spurs (given Spurs injury/suspension worries). I cannot see West Brom, Wolves, Fulham, Blackburn, QPR, Wigan, Aston Villa or Everton giving them a game. All will inevitably roll over for them, which leaves us and Sunderland (who let’s face it, will neither be fighting against relegation or for a place in Europe).

The bottom line is:

Chelsea: Must win
Arsenal: Must not lose
Scum: Must not lose

We cannot afford to be complacent. This is our time!

Re: A warning against complacency

tangaroa said:
Book1.jpg

I’ll preface my comments by saying I’ve waited as long as most for us to win the league and am heartily sick of having my nose rubbed in it year after long year.

I’ve been asked all season by fans of other teams whether I thought we do it this season and my answer has always been an unequivocal “YES”, but it’s only today I’ve sat down and looked at our remaining fixtures, and it’s tighter than I’d thought.

For our part, much as I’d like to go the whole season winning every home game, I don’t think it’ll happen (I’ve supported this club too long). Most likely we’ll drop points against Chelsea or more likely, against the Scum. Arsenal away is a massive game. We beat them at their place for the first time this year since I started supporting City in 1976, and that only in the Carling Cup. I’d settle for the same score now, but they could well be on a roll after this weekend’s result and the run of easy-ish fixtures they have prior to playing us. I reckon we could drop points away to Newcastle too as they could score as many goals as we do, if Ba and Cisse are firing.

As for the Rags, I can see them getting a point (or more) away at Spurs (given Spurs injury/suspension worries). I cannot see West Brom, Wolves, Fulham, Blackburn, QPR, Wigan, Aston Villa or Everton giving them a game. All will inevitably roll over for them, which leaves us and Sunderland (who let’s face it, will neither be fighting against relegation or for a place in Europe).

The bottom line is:

Chelsea: Must win
Arsenal: Must not lose
Scum: Must not lose

We cannot afford to be complacent. This is our time!
I think we will beat the dark side at home and therefore win the League by 2 clear points

The reality is that they will not relinquish their title without a fight. We have got to take it from them...The Norwich game illustrated how much they want to keep it...they are winners, like it or not, and the club is built on that culture. No matter how poor a side they have and how badly they play, they will fight.
We have demonstrated in my opinion that we can do the same and I do not expect this situation to be resolved by the time they come to us. I think we will need to beat them to win it and I will take great satisfaction in watching us do just that.
Without a doubt the most exciting run in I can remember (was 6 when we won it last) Lovin every second of it.

i don't see us losing points at St.James... not when we'll be 180 minutes from the title.

They aren't going to go away. You don't win as much as they do if you have the mentality of lying down. Look, turn it on it's head, and look at it from their perspective: If we win the league it's their absolute worst nightmare realised. They are playing out of their skins because for the first time since before Agentina invaded the Falklands we look like we could go on and win it. I hate them as much as any other City fan, but if they get a win against Spurs then it's advantage Rag. We will see, but if we beat Bolton, and Spurs win then I think we should take it. God knows it's about time! Come on City!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.