93:20/Joe’s/Corporate

Hi everyone

I’m getting a bit disgruntled with South Stand Level 3 and in the main the shite beer. The Amstel is undrinkable and dark fruits is, well, dark fruits. 6 of us are at the front together and pay £700 approx a season.

I’ve enquired with the club about 93:20 and Joes but not heard back yet. I’d love to hear of your experiences. Price, choice etc.
seriously considering committing to it.

I’m not loaded but the match is my thing and has been for 25 years. I’m pushing 40 now and I don’t mind spending slightly more for a better experience. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve been in Joe’s a few times this season and think it’s decent. Get served a lot better before the game and at half time and you can usually get a seat in the bar and the food is decent (but not cheap).

If you’re in your 40s, put in the yards in the regular seats, I think it’s a good option. Nowhere near as sanitised as the corporate areas, still feels like football people in Joe’s, tend to be a little bit older, but not at all up its own arse imo.

Nope, same selection of Amstel and Dark Fruits in EL3. I believe some sections have Heineken instead of Amstel.
We have Heineken in south stand level one, towards the CB Stand. Dunno about the other bars as I only use the one closest to the P turnstiles.
Its fucking awful anyway and the cups it gets served in seem to give it a plastic / chemical taste.
Amstel is also offered but I’ve never even tried it as it’s utter shite anyway, even without City doing whatever it is that they do to it

Moved over to 93:20 this season, having sat all over the Etihad and most recently in Colin Bell Level 3. My overall conclusion would be that it's not worth the money.

Positives:
Padded seat
Exclusive bar area that is warm
Can pre-order beers for half time and general service is quicker
"Free" programme with each game
"Free" domestic cup games x3 if drawn at home

Negatives:
Mainly a different crowd in every game, so lots of musical chairs, people in the wrong seats, lots of selfie taking
No atmosphere, to the point I've pissed people off for daring to sing blue moon or disagree with a refereeing decision
Seats seem a bit more hemmed in, people spilling over into each others seat
Club fucked up our entrances so me and my dad have to enter through different entrances on matchday, still not been fixed so I'll have to ring up if I can be arsed waiting

Overall, quite a sanitised experience and I'd be amazed if I make the choice this Spring to renew in there. Likely will move into the South Stand, especially if my old man stops going. It has also coincided with me cutting down on drinking. Probably a really good experience for the drinking man but don't expect to be enjoying a sing song with those around you.

I’ve been in Joe’s a few times this season and think it’s decent. Get served a lot better before the game and at half time and you can usually get a seat in the bar and the food is decent (but not cheap).

If you’re in your 40s, put in the yards in the regular seats, I think it’s a good option. Nowhere near as sanitised as the corporate areas, still feels like football people in Joe’s, tend to be a little bit older, but not at all up its own arse imo.
Good description

Was at a meeting yesterday when the Head of Food & Beverage gave a presentation on stuff they'd done and were doing. There have been supply chain issues of course, as all clubs have had, but he did say that craft beers were now available in all areas of the stadium. We also have a new supplier for our beverages who we"re working with to improve the offering (which shouldn't be difficult to be honest).

Our ultimate intention is to make the campus a pre-match venue of choice but that may only happen once the arena is up and running. Personally, I'd redevelop City Square to incorporate a food and drink court. The new independent food vendors around the stadium, which we asked for, have been a huge success.
Wonder why they don’t sell franchises to the major High Street food brands who could use their own staff on match days. (Not my idea, one of my mates)

Wonder why they don’t sell franchises to the major High Street food brands who could use their own staff on match days. (Not my idea, one of my mates)
Liverpool did it with McDonalds but it was Kop only I think. The back of the McDonalds served the stadium inside, and was pretty good service in those days, there was no beer allowed for the games I went to anyway so a bar wasn't missed.

Prices were normal, so probably need to double them and restrict selections to suit City which may be bad for the brand.

No idea why anyone spends money on the beer at City , go into town before then straight back after and save yourself the agony of drinking the piss City serve .
Got to agree. It winds me up spending money on shite, so i stopped several years ago and drink away from the ground now….

I went into the Commonwealth bit for a concert at the Etihad a few years ago. Struck me as the most basic end of the hospitality but was quite impressed. That seems to be something you can only book for a full season though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.