9320 Reg Plate

I was going to let it pass, but perhaps he's given me food for thought. I used the term sports car loosely out of modesty. I couldn't afford a Ferrari in my 20's, 30's or 40's but now at 60 I was going to treat myself, but perhaps I shouldn't because Didsbury Dave thinks I'm too old and should buy a Vauxhall Vectra instead....
Don’t be dissin the Vectra mate, most reliable car I’ve ever had, in fact my mechanic always called it “The last good car Vauxhall ever made” ;-)

Anyway, fuck it, get your reg, it’s better than MR5 4CUM.

I’ve never done a survey but I’d be surprised if you could find many non City fans who would have the faintest idea what 93:20 was referencing,

Maybe if you were putting it in some sort of context and asking something like… Why do City have a corporate suite called 93:20? Then maybe football fans could work it out.

But as a stand alone statement on a number plate, I doubt it will register with very many non City fans at all.
Your not taking into account the power of the internet and more particularly google.
Just put 93.20 into Google and see what it brings up.
Everyone under the age of 75 ( I'm almost 67 myself) uses the internet and google.
So although there maybe a few old timers and non football fans who don't know what 93.20 is, every football fan under the age of 75 knows about 93.20.
As I said,it's the most iconic moment in modern football. It only happened 11 years ago.
It's not like asking someone about the Matthews Final or the Busby Babes or the Mighty Magyars. Those are all ancient history as far as most people are concerned.
You are completely under- estimating the power of modern communications and how they spread information across the world.

Your not taking into account the power of the internet and more particularly google.
Just put 93.20 into Google and see what it brings up.
Everyone under the age of 75 ( I'm almost 67 myself) uses the internet and google.
So although there maybe a few old timers and non football fans who don't know what 93.20 is, every football fan under the age of 75 knows about 93.20.
As I said,it's the most iconic moment in modern football. It only happened 11 years ago.
It's not like asking someone about the Matthews Final or the Busby Babes or the Mighty Magyars. Those are all ancient history as far as most people are concerned.
You are completely under- estimating the power of modern communications and how they spread information across the world.

Well we’re going to have to disagree I’m afraid. Nobody is randomly Googling 93:20.

If you were using the term “The Aguero goal” or similar, then I’d agree. Along with “The Mathews Final” and your other examples, people far and wide would know exactly what you’re talking about.

But I’m struggling to remember anywhere outside of internal City talk, “93:20” used to reference that match.

Well we’re going to have to disagree I’m afraid. Nobody is randomly Googling 93:20.

If you were using the term “The Aguero goal” or similar, then I’d agree. Along with “The Mathews Final” and your other examples, people far and wide would know exactly what you’re talking about.

But I’m struggling to remember anywhere outside of internal City talk, “93:20” used to reference that match.
Agree with this. The thing that the public associate with that goal is “agueroooooooooooo”, not 93-20.

Agree with this. The thing that the public associate with that goal is “agueroooooooooooo”, not 93-20.
Ok ,just to keep you and Stephen230 happy, I'll get a number plate with aguerooooooooo on it.
I wonder how long it'll take before the police " take an interest" in my new registration number. LOL !!!

Each to his/her own but for me personalized number plates are a bit like the showy silk scarf i saw so casually draped around some fella's neck this morning ("pretentious, moi?")
Your choice, just don't park the car in L'pool.
Or Salford.

Each to his/her own but for me personalized number plates are a bit like the showy silk scarf i saw so casually draped around some fella's neck this morning ("pretentious, moi?")
Your choice, just don't park the car in L'pool.
Or Salford.
I wholly agree with the sentiment, and If I still lived in the North, I wouldn't risk it, but for all of us 93:20 brings so many special emotions, Joy to despair to ecstasy. I still maintain that to most non City fans, it means SFA unless they google it, which is the very attraction.
God bless this forum, 5 pages on this explains why we get 100's on transfer rumours...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.