A Big Welcome To Inter Milan Fans

I watch a fair bit of Italian football and I'm not an Inter fan but they're a good club and glad to welcome them here.

Inter Forever said:
britespark said:
Thanks to Inter fans for all the comments.
It seems Roberto Mancini has started a cultural exchange between Inter and City fans, we do seem to share similar history and football philosophy.
Whats your opinion of Mourhino?

It's quite possible that Mou wins our fifth "scudetto" in a row (his second in Italy) this year, so this should be considered an excellent achievement, not to mention the fact that the man has also won titles in every country where he managed.
Having said that, most of the fans (including me) believe that he wouldn't have been able to do what Mancini did (i.e. to reverse the historic trend), for the reasons I explained in my post above.
To really prove himself and get the fans to forget Mancini. he should bring us the CL (which is why Mou replaced Mancio in the first place), but I seriously doubt he will be able to do that (and, in fact, he's already jockeying to find another team next year).

I'm an Inter fan.

How can you say something like this? There is no doubt that Mancini brought us back silverware but he almost fucked up everything in 2007/2008 in that press conference after the defeat against Liverpool in CL. His relationship with some players (Ibra;Vieira for example) were just horrible that season. He deserved to be sacked.

I'm glad that he discovered some hidden gems like JC, Maicon or Balotelli, but he also brought to the club a lot of shitty players: Jimenez, Chivu, Suazo, Solari, Rivas, Cesar and so on. The truth is that a part of the Inter fans (like you for example) will never accept the sack of Mancini.

Mourinho has brought to the club an international appeal. Something we lacked. I think players like Eto'o or Sneijder wouldn't have signed for us without Mourinho.
And I don't know why you are so happy with Mancini at City. It's obvious that they will try to buy some our players (Maicon, Balotelli, Cordoba?).

I have nothing against City fans, I just don't realize why these Inter fans are happy with Mancini at City.

BlaBlaBla said:
Inter Forever said:
It's quite possible that Mou wins our fifth "scudetto" in a row (his second in Italy) this year, so this should be considered an excellent achievement, not to mention the fact that the man has also won titles in every country where he managed.
Having said that, most of the fans (including me) believe that he wouldn't have been able to do what Mancini did (i.e. to reverse the historic trend), for the reasons I explained in my post above.
To really prove himself and get the fans to forget Mancini. he should bring us the CL (which is why Mou replaced Mancio in the first place), but I seriously doubt he will be able to do that (and, in fact, he's already jockeying to find another team next year).

I'm an Inter fan.

How can you say something like this? There is no doubt that Mancini brought us back silverware but he almost fucked up everything in 2007/2008 in that press conference after the defeat against Liverpool in CL. His relationship with some players (Ibra;Vieira for example) were just horrible that season. He deserved to be sacked.

I'm glad that he discovered some hidden gems like JC, Maicon or Balotelli, but he also brought to the club a lot of shitty players: Jimenez, Chivu, Suazo, Solari, Rivas, Cesar and so on. The truth is that a part of the Inter fans (like you for example) will never accept the sack of Mancini.

Mourinho has brought to the club an international appeal. Something we lacked. I think players like Eto'o or Sneijder wouldn't have signed for us without Mourinho.
And I don't know why you are so happy with Mancini at City. It's obvious that they will try to buy some our players (Maicon, Balotelli, Cordoba?).

I have nothing against City fans, I just don't realize why these Inter fans are happy with Mancini at City.
Perhaps mancini is the caretaker manager for us until the manager the owner really wants is available ??
No one really knows what he has planned for our future,we will have to wait & see the quality of player he brings in in Jan before we make a judgement on his transfer dealings.
Let's hope for our sake you are wrong.

Pigeonho said:
Anyone remember early 90's when Quinn, (Niall), was linked to Torino? Probably around 92/93 season. After that Torino and City were said to have formed a bond due to us both being the underdogs in our respective City's, with Torino fans donning City shirts. Not sure how true it turned out to be, mind.

Went to Toro V Atalanta a couple of years back and saw a few City hats on Toro heads. Also some City fans on the number 4 tram who were also over for the game

I have a flag with both teams badges on saying Manchester City+Torino "Questro sono le NOSTRE Cittia!!" and hung it on the Torino Curva during the game

nigel said:
Pigeonho said:
Anyone remember early 90's when Quinn, (Niall), was linked to Torino? Probably around 92/93 season. After that Torino and City were said to have formed a bond due to us both being the underdogs in our respective City's, with Torino fans donning City shirts. Not sure how true it turned out to be, mind.

Went to Toro V Atalanta a couple of years back and saw a few City hats on Toro heads. Also some City fans on the number 4 tram who were also over for the game

I have a flag with both teams badges on saying Manchester City+Torino "Questro sono le NOSTRE Cittia!!" and hung it on the Torino Curva during the game

I knew I hadn't imagined it!

Big welcome to all Inter fans!

Jealous of all the blues on here that have been to a Seria A game, would love to take one in!

I remember watching it a lot when C4 used to cover it.

BlaBlaBla said:
Inter Forever said:

I'm an Inter fan.

During his spell at Inter, Mancini made his mistakes (the one you mention being the foremost) like anyone else and obviously any of us – Inter fans – is entitled to have his own views on Mancini or Mourinho.
The point I was trying to make, however, is that looking at the results obtained I don’t see any big difference between them, except that Mancini started out in a situation where the club (and I don’t mean only players) had to learn again to win, to get the winning mentality (much like the same as for ManCity today) and he succeded in doing that when all his predecessors had failed (I think we all agree that it’s much easier to work in a club used to win than one coming from decades of defeats).
Also, I have nothing against Mou, but we all know he was hired for the “mission impossible”, that is getting us to the CL that we crave from forty years, rather than winning two more “scudetti” (please don’t get me wrong, I’m the happiest of Inter fans if we win it again this year, but I believe any fan would gladly swap a scudetto with the CL). In this regard, so far (and note that I may and hope to be proved wrong at the end of the season) Mou has shown performances even poorer than that of Mancini.
This is why, overall, I favour the work done by Mancini over what is doing Mou, who, to me , is just following in his footsteps.
Finally - then I promise to stop with this tirade -) as to the ManCity buying all our best players, I don’t think they needed Mancini to do that; they have a huge budget and all such clubs (see what happened last summer with Real Madrid) go shopping wherever they like; did Barca ask for our permission when they got Ibra? eventually Moratti had to play along and try to make the most of it. Like it or not, this is how things work in today’s football biz.
However, let me finish wishing all the best to all Inter and ManCity fans for the New Year!
Sempre Forza Inter!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.