A Big Welcome To Inter Milan Fans

Inter Forever said:
BlaBlaBla said:
I'm an Inter fan.

How can you say something like this? There is no doubt that Mancini brought us back silverware but he almost fucked up everything in 2007/2008 in that press conference after the defeat against Liverpool in CL. His relationship with some players (Ibra;Vieira for example) were just horrible that season. He deserved to be sacked.

I'm glad that he discovered some hidden gems like JC, Maicon or Balotelli, but he also brought to the club a lot of shitty players: Jimenez, Chivu, Suazo, Solari, Rivas, Cesar and so on. The truth is that a part of the Inter fans (like you for example) will never accept the sack of Mancini.

Mourinho has brought to the club an international appeal. Something we lacked. I think players like Eto'o or Sneijder wouldn't have signed for us without Mourinho.
And I don't know why you are so happy with Mancini at City. It's obvious that they will try to buy some our players (Maicon, Balotelli, Cordoba?).

I have nothing against City fans, I just don't realize why these Inter fans are happy with Mancini at City.
During his spell at Inter, Mancini made his mistakes (the one you mention being the foremost) like anyone else and obviously any of us – Inter fans – is entitled to have his own views on Mancini or Mourinho.
The point I was trying to make, however, is that looking at the results obtained I don’t see any big difference between them, except that Mancini started out in a situation where the club (and I don’t mean only players) had to learn again to win, to get the winning mentality (much like the same as for ManCity today) and he succeded in doing that when all his predecessors had failed (I think we all agree that it’s much easier to work in a club used to win than one coming from decades of defeats).
Also, I have nothing against Mou, but we all know he was hired for the “mission impossible”, that is getting us to the CL that we crave from forty years, rather than winning two more “scudetti” (please don’t get me wrong, I’m the happiest of Inter fans if we win it again this year, but I believe any fan would gladly swap a scudetto with the CL). In this regard, so far (and note that I may and hope to be proved wrong at the end of the season) Mou has shown performances even poorer than that of Mancini.
This is why, overall, I favour the work done by Mancini over what is doing Mou, who, to me , is just following in his footsteps.
Finally - then I promise to stop with this tirade -) as to the ManCity buying all our best players, I don’t think they needed Mancini to do that; they have a huge budget and all such clubs (see what happened last summer with Real Madrid) go shopping wherever they like; did Barca ask for our permission when they got Ibra? eventually Moratti had to play along and try to make the most of it. Like it or not, this is how things work in today’s football biz.
However, let me finish wishing all the best to all Inter and ManCity fans for the New Year!
Sempre Forza Inter!

Comparing our scenario (Juventus relegated in Serie B, AC Milan interested "only" in the CL with Roma being our only rival for the scudetto) and their scenario (4 big teams like Chelsea, Man.UTD, Arsenal and Liverpool) it's very wrong. It was rather easy for Mancini to win that title (2006/2007).

In 2007/2008 we played shit from December onwards and we won a lot of games only for bad refeering. How could a big club like Inter lose 11 points from Roma in two months? God bless Zlatan, without him we would have been fucked, only because Mancini messed up everything after that defeat against Liverpool.

With Mourinho we won the title pretty comfortable, mantaining always a good distance from our rivals. No more '5 maggio' panic.
As for the CL... Mourinho was hired to raise our performance in Europe, not necessarily to win the CL.
You win the CL after years of Semifinal/Final... it is very rare to win the CL suddenly. (voglio dire che vinci la CL dopo anni di piazzamenti, magari una volta arrivi in semifinale, magari una volta in finale e poi la volta dopo la vinci. E' difficile vincere la CL dopo anni di uscite agli ottavi di finale) Sorry for the Italian comment :)

In the possibile transfer of Balotelli/Maicon etc etc Mancini could play a role in convincing them to move to City. This is why I don't want Mancini on City's bench.

BlaBlaBla said:
I'm an Inter fan.

How can you say something like this? There is no doubt that Mancini brought us back silverware but he almost fucked up everything in 2007/2008 in that press conference after the defeat against Liverpool in CL. His relationship with some players (Ibra;Vieira for example) were just horrible that season. He deserved to be sacked.
Really?
let's see what Ibrahimovic said few days ago.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Estero/27-12-2009/ibra-esalta-mancini-602458327559.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Estero/27 ... 7559.shtml</a>
i'll try to translate :p

Ibra "I think Mancity understood that u can't be like Barca or Inter just in 1 day....To become a great club you need time and the right manager and i think Mancini is the man who will change their mentality cause he's a great manager and city players will understand it very soon"

strange words for a man who had "problems" with mancini...
maybe those "problems" were usual media bullshits?
;)

blueinsa said:
Big welcome to all Inter fans!

Jealous of all the blues on here that have been to a Seria A game, would love to take one in!

I remember watching it a lot when C4 used to cover it.

thanks a lot for the welcome. i'm an inter fan and now i support man city as well. we already had something else in common, apart from mancini, that is, since i've been watching english football on bskyb since the early 90s and i've always hated man utd, so i've always supported any team they played against from shearer's blackburn to arsenal and recently chelsea.

BlaBlaBla said:
Comparing our scenario (Juventus relegated in Serie B, AC Milan interested "only" in the CL with Roma being our only rival for the scudetto) and their scenario (4 big teams like Chelsea, Man.UTD, Arsenal and Liverpool) it's very wrong. It was rather easy for Mancini to win that title (2006/2007).

In 2007/2008 we played shit from December onwards and we won a lot of games only for bad refeering. How could a big club like Inter lose 11 points from Roma in two months? God bless Zlatan, without him we would have been fucked, only because Mancini messed up everything after that defeat against Liverpool.

With Mourinho we won the title pretty comfortable, mantaining always a good distance from our rivals. No more '5 maggio' panic.
As for the CL... Mourinho was hired to raise our performance in Europe, not necessarily to win the CL.
You win the CL after years of Semifinal/Final... it is very rare to win the CL suddenly. (voglio dire che vinci la CL dopo anni di piazzamenti, magari una volta arrivi in semifinale, magari una volta in finale e poi la volta dopo la vinci. E' difficile vincere la CL dopo anni di uscite agli ottavi di finale) Sorry for the Italian comment :)

In the possibile transfer of Balotelli/Maicon etc etc Mancini could play a role in convincing them to move to City. This is why I don't want Mancini on City's bench.

Its true that Juve's relegation have helped Inter win the first title but no one can deny that we were cruising that season. Probably the best "ever" record in Inter's history was in that year (06-07 season). Juve is just one team what about the rest of the league teams ?! Did they disapear ?

Some people don't give mancini enough credit because of the situation that he won he's first title in but the guy have done " a huge" work in Inter. Our back-bone players of the new Inter were picked up by Mancini (Julio cesar, Cambiasso, maicon, Ibrahimovic, Balotelli even Chievo is a starter in the current mourinho team). Every manager would miss out on some names thats happens everywhere but if we compare the ones that actually made it in the club with the ones that did't we'll find out that he did an extraordinary job.

Mancini have restored a "winning mentality" in Inter that the most experienced managers probably in the world couldn't do it (lippi, Roy Hodgson, Héctor Cúper, Luis Suárez) all those experienced managers couldn't do what mancini did to the club.

The fact that we didn't go far in europe is not he's fault, every True Inter fan who have been supporting the club for years and years (by the way i've first started following the club's games week in week out some 19 years ago) would know that Inter have a mentality problem when it comes to playing in Europe (champions league in specific). Its like a disease that have hit Inter for soo many years and no one have solved that problem.

We were in a similar situation even domesticaly in the league but Mancini have sorted that up. I can gurantee you right now that we won't go beyond Chelsea in this season's champions league (and probably we'll get humilated too) and its not becasue chelsea is a better team but because we have a serious mentality problem in that competition.

Mancini's record in europe with Inter is better than Mourinho's record so far "fact". We used to easilly top our groups in mancini's days where now we struggle even to make the 2rd place in our group stages with a "far better" team than the one mancini had.

Mancini was probably "the least" manager to spend money on transfers during he's Inter's days in recent years yet he made the most of it. Look at the money that Mourinho have wasted and you'll get the picture: Amantino Mancini, Quaresma, muntari, even Thiago Motta those guys have cost the club around 65 million euros yet they've all failed to impress. If mancini have done that he'd probably be hanged by the journals and fans alike but because the "so called" the speciall one (= special zero) did that he could get away with it.

Mourniho have added "nothing" absalutely nothing to our team and if Mancini was around right now am pretty sure we'd see a much better Inter than the current one.

The tactics that Mancini used for his first 2 games, fast counter attacking with 3 players, controlling possession and dictating tempo and switching play through quick passing are perfect for Europe, unless you are Barcelona. Exactly what Ferguson has been using to dominate Europe over the past 2 seasons. So I'm surprised that he did so poorly with Inter in Europe.

interisti said:
Thanks guys, seriously and i'm not saying this just in this forum. But manchester city fans are the classiest out there.

You're gonna have a great future am 100% sure, great fans + great manager. manchester city is the club that i like from England and thats didn't happen because of the Mancini move but even before that.

I hate glory fans who just support a club because its winning trophies and its constantly up there with the elite. And that what i like about Manchester city fans. They've been out there supporting the club through all lows and highs and thats whats it all about.

As for mancini, you guys should have faith in him. He will win great things in this club. Just give him time and let him work he's magic, believe me guys he's much better than Mourinho or any other manager out there. He's waaay underrated he won't just win trophies but he'll spot great players and he'll bring them to this club.

The players that mancini brought to Inter are now the back-bone of our club (julio cesar + maicon + cambiasso + Ibrahimovic (before he's departure) + Balotelli + Chievo + stankovic). I just hope to see this club winning the premier league in the near future because you guys deserve it more than any other club in the league.

Molto grazie, tutti.
Cheers.

BlaBlaBla said:

No offense but you simply don't remember 2007/2008 season.

I remember that season i remember it pretty well and i know what you're getting into. The last few months when the team was leaking points and Roma were one step from winning the title but you've got to remember exactly what happened. The team was doing great up untill when we were knocked out of the champions league and Mancini came out and said he's leaving the club.

Thats when the players morale went down and we started losing points. When a manager comes out and says he's leaving the team at the end of the season what do you expect the players to do? They won't care anymore because they knew allready he's leaving.

Anyways all what im saying is that Mourinho has been in the club for more than a year now and i've yet to see anything impressive from the guy. Mancini changed things in the club, Mourinho could not even change Mancini's tactics in the team he tried to change things and he couldn't do it so he went back to Mancini's tactics and formation.

Try to compare the team's stats in europe between Mancini and mourinho and you'll get why i don't rate mourinho that high.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.