A call for Patience and realism

FromPollockToSilva said:
Skashion said:
Also keep in mind that we never lost at home in Europe under Mancini and we got rid of him because his record in Europe wasn't good enough.

His record was awful. We had as many points after one game this season as we finished with last year. Just because there are problems under this manager doesn't mean there weren't any under the last one. What's worse, a manager playing 4-2-2-2 when it isn't working or one who keeps trying to play 3-5-2 even though it doesn't work?
Yes, his record wasn't good enough - and yet he managed not to lose at home, don't you see the point? People are pissed off about losing at home because we've not been beaten at home in Europe. We brought someone in to improve our poor record and yet already the one achievement we had in Europe under Mancini - being unbeaten at home, is gone in one game.

Gelsons Dad said:
We've gone backwards in the last 2 years. It's not patience we need it's a different strategy.

It's this that's the most frustrating aspect of it all.

He better earn his corn in the next 4 games, 3 of which are away.

If we come out out that Chelsea game having taken less than 5 points the he could be in deep shit.

The Champons League is not our benchmark, it's the Premiership.

We don't perform in Europe, and wont until the mental block of ritual error and disappointment is lifted through two steps

1) Qualifying fro our group
2) Beating a top European side

We've got a good draw. We should qualify this season

Eggsy said:
If I'm honest I didn't really expect us to beat Bayern last night. I'm still confident that we'll qualify for the next stage from this group, that will be an improvement from our previous seasons in CL campaigns.

My concerns with MP is that he doesn't seem able to sort out the defence, for the last three seasons we've had the best defence in Prem, now with the same players our defence is all over the place and very poor.
My concerns with MP is why it took him so long to change a glaringly failing system. Once he did so we became competitive even before they went down to 10. He waited until the game was lost yet even a armchair rag would have been able to identify we were being overrun in midfield and needed another outlet from defence on the rate occasions when we got the ball back.

Skashion said:
Also keep in mind that we never lost at home in Europe under Mancini and we got rid of him because his record in Europe wasn't good enough.

Exactly this.Fucking Pellagrini was brought in because he supposedly knew the European game and was some kind of master tactician,well i have seen little evidence so far!

Mancini was building something here.We had gone from a team all over the place under Hughes to a well disciplined outfit that was hard to beat and had won two trophies in three years after winning fuck all in thirty five!

Instead of sacking him the owners should have sat down with him and ironed out the slight flaws in his supposed man management skills and given him the quality signings to move us on to another level, like they SHOULD have done when we won the league.

Talk to any rags and they will tell you they hated Mancini because they feared him.Now he is gone and we are having to start again with a manager showing little evidence he will be an improvement save for giving the players a cuddle.

As a blue i pray i am proved wrong but i see another a managerial change next year.

Skashion said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Skashion said:

His record was awful. We had as many points after one game this season as we finished with last year. Just because there are problems under this manager doesn't mean there weren't any under the last one. What's worse, a manager playing 4-2-2-2 when it isn't working or one who keeps trying to play 3-5-2 even though it doesn't work?
Yes, his record wasn't good enough - and yet he managed not to lose at home, don't you see the point? People are pissed off about losing at home because we've not been beaten at home in Europe. We brought someone in to improve our poor record and yet already the one achievement we had in Europe under Mancini - being unbeaten at home, is gone in one game.

It was nothing short of miracle we didn't lose at home at Dortmund last season. If we qualify for the next round, Pellegrini will have improved our poor record. So maybe give him until that point to decide whether or not he has fulfilled that particular remit.

paulchapo said:
Skashion said:

Exactly this.Fucking Pellagrini was brought in because he supposedly knew the European game and was some kind of master tactician,well i have seen little evidence so far!

Mancini was building something here.We had gone from a team all over the place under Hughes to a well disciplined outfit that was hard to beat and had won two trophies in three years after winning fuck all in thirty five!

Instead of sacking him the owners should have sat down with him and ironed out the slight flaws in his supposed man management skills and given him the quality signings to move us on to another level, like they SHOULD have done when we won the league.

Talk to any rags and they will tell you they hated Mancini because they feared him.Now he is gone and we are having to start again with a manager showing little evidence he will be an improvement save for giving the players a cuddle.

As a blue i pray i am proved wrong but i see another a managerial change next year.

The owners took the players side over the managers and this is the result. I expect it was his fall out with Kompany that was the final straw.

The players were a disgrace in the cup final.

Having said that the players got what they wanted and they are still letting the manager and owners own...

One thing I loved about Mancini was his no nonsense approach.

He might notice; we are struggling one aspect of the game or he might have made a mistake in the line up and he made swift changes early on in the game and we improve winning the game etc
One example against Villareal ( I know they got relegated that season but still ^_^) he took off Johnson and switch Barry to give us a bit more security in the park and we won with a late winner.

Also the game when we down to 10 v the rags in the fa cup 3rd round and we nearly won the game.

Mancini was brave and had the balls to make changes if needed some managers fear making changes and wait til it's too late maybe but it one thing I loved about Mancini was this and he can still become great manager just needs to friendlier to his players other than that I hope you get my point. In no way is this aimed at pelle but it was a trait of Mancini I was reminded during the match :(

Plus, Pellegrini is the type of manager that leaves it to the players on the pitch but would love changes before the 60 min

paulchapo said:
Talk to any rags and they will tell you they hated Mancini because they feared him.

Most Rags (and neutral fans) I know felt that we should have won the league comfortably every season that Mancini was there and that we won despite him, not because of him. This was especially pronounced in Europe.

I always argued that his job was a lot harder (and he did it a lot better, generally) than anyone outside the club realised. But the impression from opposition fans was always that he would do a lot better with a different manager.

Blueroses said:
One thing I loved about Mancini was his no nonsense approach.

He might notice; we are struggling one aspect of the game or he might have made a mistake in the line up and he made swift changes early on in the game and we improve winning the game etc
One example against Villareal ( I know they got relegated that season but still ^_^) he took off Johnson and switch Barry to give us a bit more security in the park and we won with a late winner.

Also the game when we down to 10 v the rags in the fa cup 3rd round and we nearly won the game.

Mancini was brave and had the balls to make changes if needed some managers fear making changes and wait til it's too late maybe but it one thing I loved about Mancini was this and he can still become great manager just needs to friendlier to his players other than that I hope you get my point. In no way is this aimed at pelle but it was a trait of Mancini I was reminded during the match :(

Plus, Pellegrini is the type of manager that leaves it to the players on the pitch but would love changes before the 60 min
He has gone get over it FFS all this dewy eyed nostalgia is serving no purpose lets concentrate on the here and now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.