A call for Patience and realism

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
paulchapo said:
Skashion said:
Also keep in mind that we never lost at home in Europe under Mancini and we got rid of him because his record in Europe wasn't good enough.

Exactly this.Fucking Pellagrini was brought in because he supposedly knew the European game and was some kind of master tactician,well i have seen little evidence so far!

Mancini was building something here.We had gone from a team all over the place under Hughes to a well disciplined outfit that was hard to beat and had won two trophies in three years after winning fuck all in thirty five!

Instead of sacking him the owners should have sat down with him and ironed out the slight flaws in his supposed man management skills and given him the quality signings to move us on to another level, like they SHOULD have done when we won the league.

Talk to any rags and they will tell you they hated Mancini because they feared him.Now he is gone and we are having to start again with a manager showing little evidence he will be an improvement save for giving the players a cuddle.

As a blue i pray i am proved wrong but i see another a managerial change next year.

The owners took the players side over the managers and this is the result. I expect it was his fall out with Kompany that was the final straw.

The players were a disgrace in the cup final.

Having said that the players got what they wanted and they are still letting the manager and owners own...

As players always will!Most are brain dead individuals who want an easy life and easy money,fuck having to work for a living as Mancini made them do.I have hated quite a few of the people i worked for but i still did the job 100% because it paid my morgage and i have a professional pride in my performance.

This should have been thrashed out behind closed doors,some home truths told,a few handshakes and then everyone starting afresh.You can't have the tail wagging the dog and the players,having got rid of Mancin are now in their comfort zone bubble and it shows.

[*]
paulchapo said:
Skashion said:
Also keep in mind that we never lost at home in Europe under Mancini and we got rid of him because his record in Europe wasn't good enough.

Exactly this.Fucking Pellagrini was brought in because he supposedly knew the European game and was some kind of master tactician,well i have seen little evidence so far!

Mancini was building something here.We had gone from a team all over the place under Hughes to a well disciplined outfit that was hard to beat and had won two trophies in three years after winning fuck all in thirty five!

Instead of sacking him the owners should have sat down with him and ironed out the slight flaws in his supposed man management skills and given him the quality signings to move us on to another level, like they SHOULD have done when we won the league.

Talk to any rags and they will tell you they hated Mancini because they feared him.Now he is gone and we are having to start again with a manager showing little evidence he will be an improvement save for giving the players a cuddle.

As a blue i pray i am proved wrong but i see another a managerial change next year.

I miss Mancini too mate but we need to support Pellegrini. The owners want the best for club and they are yet to disappoint so it's best to move on it won't make much difference.

Pellegrini is a great manager and little more patience is required because in due time you will see soon. It's just the beginning.

Ok, it's the day after.

I must start to prepare for Saturday, now what are the words of that Mancini song again!

Blueroses said:
[*]
paulchapo said:
Skashion said:

I miss Mancini too mate but we need to support Pellegrini. The owners want the best for club and they are yet to disappoint so it's best to move on it won't make much difference.

Pellegrini is a great manager and little more patience is required because in due time you will see soon. It's just the beginning.

I support whoever is the manager and i always will.I was there last night and i will be there on Saturday getting behind the club,i save my whining for on here.I still feel we dropped a major bollock getting rid of Mancini,as i said time will tell and i pray i am wrong,as to be wrong will mean we are succesful.

Ducado said:
Blueroses said:
One thing I loved about Mancini was his no nonsense approach.

He might notice; we are struggling one aspect of the game or he might have made a mistake in the line up and he made swift changes early on in the game and we improve winning the game etc
One example against Villareal ( I know they got relegated that season but still ^_^) he took off Johnson and switch Barry to give us a bit more security in the park and we won with a late winner.

Also the game when we down to 10 v the rags in the fa cup 3rd round and we nearly won the game.

Mancini was brave and had the balls to make changes if needed some managers fear making changes and wait til it's too late maybe but it one thing I loved about Mancini was this and he can still become great manager just needs to friendlier to his players other than that I hope you get my point. In no way is this aimed at pelle but it was a trait of Mancini I was reminded during the match :(

Plus, Pellegrini is the type of manager that leaves it to the players on the pitch but would love changes before the 60 min
He has gone get over it FFS all this dewy eyed nostalgia is serving no purpose lets concentrate on the here and now

I am over it mate and right behind Pellegrini ! ^_^

No harm in remembering the past can't help it sometimes.

FromPollockToSilva said:
It was nothing short of miracle we didn't lose at home at Dortmund last season. If we qualify for the next round, Pellegrini will have improved our poor record. So maybe give him until that point to decide whether or not he has fulfilled that particular remit.
and yet we didn't lose... Ah luck, it's funny how it works isn't it... Unlucky individuals errors are the reason we are conceding goals for fun at the moment... Yet Mancini was the luckiest man in the world never to lose at home in Europe against some of the best teams in the world... Pellegrini will also have had the easiest group, after spending £85m net on attacking players if he does qualify. Pellegrini has been handed the best of situations. Firstly, we've bought well, secondly, he's had a full pre-season with his players, thirdly we've been handed an easier group than in the previous two years. Compare that to last year when we were still bringing in players when the season had already started, players Mancini didn't particularly rate, leaving him experimenting with formation after the season had already started, in the group of champions. Bit of a different situation.

paulchapo said:
Skashion said:

I don't not why he was given a five year extension to be honest when it was obvious the new CEO and director of football didn't have him in their plans.

Not enough was made of this at the end of last season but its only money I guess.

Is MP the man to take us forward to the next level?

Most likely not but he will given time to see how are wonderful "system" can be bedded in.

If he doesn't qualify beyond the group stage and that will come down to CSKA home and away no doubt or fail to qualify for Chumps League next season he will be gone and will go sooner if its obvious we can't achieve this target this season.

The next 6 premiership games will clearly have a big bearing at determining how long MP stays at the helm.

paulchapo said:
Blueroses said:
[*]
paulchapo said:

I support whoever is the manager and i always will.I was there last night and i will be there on Saturday getting behind the club,i save my whining for on here.I still feel we dropped a major bollock getting rid of Mancini,as i said time will tell and i pray i am wrong,as to be wrong will mean we are succesful.

Same here looking forward to the game v Everton. Perfect game with Martinez positive game plan will help and it early kick off. I hope we score a lot of goal and hopefully Kompany can keep lakaku quiet. Bring it on! ^^

Skashion said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
It was nothing short of miracle we didn't lose at home at Dortmund last season. If we qualify for the next round, Pellegrini will have improved our poor record. So maybe give him until that point to decide whether or not he has fulfilled that particular remit.
and yet we didn't lose... Ah luck, it's funny how it works isn't it... Unlucky individuals errors are the reason we are conceding goals for fun at the moment... Yet Mancini was the luckiest man in the world never to lose at home in Europe against some of the best teams in the world... Pellegrini will also have had the easiest group, after spending £85m net on attacking players if he does qualify. Pellegrini has been handed the best of situations. Firstly, we've bought well, secondly, he's had a full pre-season with his players, thirdly we've been handed an easier group than in the previous two years. Compare that to last year when we were still bringing in players when the season had already started, players Mancini didn't particularly rate, leaving him experimenting with formation after the season had already started, in the group of champions. Bit of a different situation.

We were lucky not to lose to Dortmund, I don't know how anyone could even insinuate otherwise.

Also, with regards to spending £85M on attacking players: do yo think Jovetic and Negredo are better than Balotelli and Tevez? Do you think we are actually any stronger up front now than this time last year?

Finally, you are being disingenuous with your comments about Mancini experimenting with the 3-5-2 due to him not being happy with the players that were brought in. Mancini had a 3-5-2 in mind anyway, that's why Maicon was signed to facilitate a switch to wingbacks. Also, Richards' comments that the players didn't practice the system in training following one match where we switched to a back three were absolutely staggering.

FromPollockToSilva said:
We were lucky not to lose to Dortmund, I don't know how anyone could even insinuate otherwise.

Also, with regards to spending £85M on attacking players: do yo think Jovetic and Negredo are better than Balotelli and Tevez? Do you think we are actually any stronger up front now than this time last year?

Finally, you are being disingenuous with your comments about Mancini experimenting with the 3-5-2 due to him not being happy with the players that were brought in. Mancini had a 3-5-2 in mind anyway, that's why Maicon was signed to facilitate a switch to wingbacks. Also, Richards' comments that the players didn't practice the system in training following one match where we switched to a back three were absolutely staggering.
I find it enormously difficult to ascribe a 14-match unbeaten home run in European matches to luck, but if you're going to argue we were lucky not to lose to Dortmund, alright, we were lucky not to concede seven to Bayern last night then. Also, we should have had two penalties given when playing Bayern away in 11/12. Swings and roundabouts.

Yes, we are stronger.

We were still experimenting with the 3-5-2 because we didn't have a pre-season in which to experiment, that's my point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.