A City Sale As A Kid That Broke Your Heart

AlgarveBlu said:
I can't believe this thread is 7 pages long and no one has mentioned David White going to Leeds (I think we got Rocastle in exchange)...Is my memory of him of as a great player just warped by time???

Cough, page 3 or 4 :)

SWP leaving broke my heart

Him re-signing and back and scoring 2 on his re-debut made up for it, welling up.

The next day was the takeover.

city68 said:
As A kid Dave Wagstaffe ............
Agreed, a very peculiar deal all round. '63 or thereabouts. In those days 24 hour news was just a pipedream and the transfer took place over the Christmas period. He was with us before the holiday but gone afterwards. Wagstaffe and Neil Young were on opposite wings and were beginning to terrorise the opposition. To this day why he went was a mystery.

bluekev1969 said:
As a kid, Peter Barnes leaving was just unbelievably sad. As a "grown up" the moment when SWP pulled out of a friendly game with a stomach upset. I think it was against Port Vale?? He's been saying all the right things up until then but at that point you knew he was a goner. Never the same player either.

Not Port Vale, it was Macc, remember it well.<br /><br />-- Tue May 22, 2012 10:55 pm --<br /><br />
city68 said:
As A kid Dave Wagstaffe ............

Unbelievable, I just typed exactly the same ,see page 10

Tueart to NY Cosmos

I begged him to stay at a Junior Blues meeting at the old Ferranti social club on Hollinwood Ave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.