A City Sale As A Kid That Broke Your Heart

There's been so many !

Michael Hughes was truly heartbreaking as a young City fan in Ireland at the time, he was a joy to watch and I'm still shocked he didn't have a more successful career ....

As the 90's wore on I soon got used to countless heroes and favourites leaving: White, Quinn, Lomas, Walsh and Flitcroft stand out. Gio probably hurt more even though it was so glaringly inevitable, in hindsight it was madness to subject himself to two seasons of Division one hatchet men ... but hey thats why he'll always be a god to City fans.

One from before my time that I was surprised not to see mentioned so far was Alex Williams.

blueyorkie said:
bluekev1969 said:
As a kid, Peter Barnes leaving was just unbelievably sad. As a "grown up" the moment when SWP pulled out of a friendly game with a stomach upset. I think it was against Port Vale?? He's been saying all the right things up until then but at that point you knew he was a goner. Never the same player either.

Not Port Vale, it was Macc, remember it well.

-- Tue May 22, 2012 10:55 pm --

city68 said:
As A kid Dave Wagstaffe ............

Unbelievable, I just typed exactly the same ,see page 10

My memory is getting worse by the day, but I'm sure that friendly was Tranmere.
As others have mentioned as a kid it was Tueart.Gutted I was.

Francis Lee to Derby.Suppose though if he stayed with us we would not have witnessed him beating the shit out of Norman Hunter.Superb viewing on MOTD.

In terms of players, I was gutted when Flitcroft left.

But I was unimaginably inconsolable when Kendall walked out. We were so fucking close!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.