A club crest we can all agree on..

Manchester1894 said:
eti74g.jpg

swap the sun for some cloud cover and its pretty much perfect.

edgecroft said:
the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
In_Good_Kompany said:
The older one is very outdated, many fans think so and so did the club

As I recall the ONLY reason that we changed the club crest/badge when Franny took over and Swales left was because the bloke/company that designed the round badge had held onto the merchendising rights for the design and as a result a huge percentage of the profits from EVERY item of City merchendise that was sold with that design on it went to the designers and NOT to City, therefore in an attempt to create extra revenue a new design was formulated ..... this fact has since been re-written with the "we were entering a new era" - propoganda. Therefore ANY "new" club crest/badge which incorporates this OLD design is worthless. Sorry to be a killjoy to all your fun and that, but hey-ho .... Photoshop's great innit.
Worthless? I don't agree with your reasoning at all.

Just because the new design was brought in to stop the round badge designer from getting a cut of everything, that doesn't mean that the new design isn't now part of our heritage and traditions and there is no reason why elements of it can't be incorporated into a new design.

Add to that the fact that the new design has distinct similarities to the Emblem of the UAE, where of course our owner resides.

Here is the new coat of arms in use since 2008:
220px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.svg.png

What's even more interesting is that the old emblem used up to 2008 is even more similar to our badge:

Coat_of_arms_of_United_Arab_Emirates_%281973-2008%29.png

I wouldn't think that our owner would ditch ALL the elements of our badge that resemble those of his homeland because of he's a purist about our original badge when the new one would strike a chord with him.

Ingavious' design with the round bit in front of the eagle is even closer to the UAE's, so I think he's on the right path.
eras2.jpg

Sorry for the confusion I caused due to an early morning OLD/NEW typo .... Typo has since been changed

mcfc2607 said:
inGavious said:
newblue.jpg

something a bit different, a bluemoon rising over the Etihad instead of the ship and "superbia in urbis" = "Pride in the City" ...... and a new bluemoon logo cos i was bored.

reminds me of star trek

It looks like a Christmas pudding

inGavious said:
newblue.jpg

something a bit different, a bluemoon rising over the Etihad instead of the ship and "superbia in urbis" = "Pride in the City" ...... and a new bluemoon logo cos i was bored.

Hahahaha, you missed off the clangers ;)

Anybody off here that can create a supporters club logo for me? Desperate for one as soon as possible for a tournament at Etihad.

Manchester City Supporters Football Club or MCSFC in title.

Some great designs on here.

Please get in touch if you can help a fellow blue out.

Tommy Dawson

mcsfc@outlook.com

@ManCitySFC

ManCitySFC said:
Anybody off here that can create a supporters club logo for me? Desperate for one as soon as possible for a tournament at Etihad.

Manchester City Supporters Football Club or MCSFC in title.

Some great designs on here.

Please get in touch if you can help a fellow blue out.

Tommy Dawson

mcsfc@outlook.com

@ManCitySFC

Tommy ... I've done a few concept ones on here ... so if it its a question of time, might save time, otherwise just say what you need instead. I'll mail you now.

I'm not backing any crest which doesn't feature mancinis face. I am gonna stomp my foot threaten to not renew and slag off every one who disagrees with me.

Have I got the hang of this yet.

the god Gerry Gow said:
I'm not backing any crest which doesn't feature mancinis face. I am gonna stomp my foot threaten to not renew and slag off every one who disagrees with me.

Have I got the hang of this yet.

^^^ "Top Blue" ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.