A club crest we can all agree on..

Outside the box...

what about a smidgen of skyline?
Some sort of background image?

[bigimg]http://img1.cliparto.com/pic/xl/188425/3503943-manchester-england-skyline-detailed-silhouette.jpg[/bigimg]

KippaxCitizen said:
GeekinGav said:
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Buwma-RCEAAmOHk.jpg:large[/bigimg]
Gav, do you have a pic of that^ badge in this style of image?:

220px-New_York_City_FC.svg.png

Melbourne_City_Logo.png

yep.

Have we got a new crest

See jrbs pickies on the campus thread, or has it always been there and I just didn't realise. Facings on the stadium.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=299783&start=2280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=299783&start=2280</a>

Rammyblues said:
Have we got a new crest

See jrbs pickies on the campus thread, or has it always been there and I just didn't realise. Facings on the stadium.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=299783&start=2280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=299783&start=2280</a>

Are you referring to the Cityzens logo?

May have been mentioned on the thread and it's possibly bollocks but I was on the tour yesterday and they said the reason the badge was changed was a director lent city some money and as part of the payment of the loan it was agreed he was always get a percentage of shirt sales every season. He was making a fortune out of it. The club tried to get him to give this right up but he refused.

Therefore the only thing they could do was change the badge on the shirt as that stopped him getting a cut.

No idea if true or not but that's what they said yesterday. They refused to name the director.

goater1978 said:
May have been mentioned on the thread and it's possibly bollocks but I was on the tour yesterday and they said the reason the badge was changed was a director lent city some money and as part of the payment of the loan it was agreed he was always get a percentage of shirt sales every season. He was making a fortune out of it. The club tried to get him to give this right up but he refused.

Therefore the only thing they could do was change the badge on the shirt as that stopped him getting a cut.

No idea if true or not but that's what they said yesterday. They refused to name the director.

Swales sold the old one to a newsagent in Didsbury and he owed the copyright so the club had to pay loyalties When Franny was chairman the new Eagle badge was designed. The Eagle was a link to Roman Manchester the 3 stars, to give a "continental feel"

Just a thought... and not being arsey or anything... genuinely, it seems a fair amount of people on here can't be arsed what our kit looks like, so why bother changing the badge?

Personally think there are some fantastic designs on here but will changing back to a circle not then blur into the New York and Melbourne ones? As the flagship City team I think we should be different.

kramer said:
goater1978 said:

Swales sold the old one to a newsagent in Didsbury and he owed the copyright so the club had to pay loyalties When Franny was chairman the new Eagle badge was designed. The Eagle was a link to Roman Manchester the 3 stars, to give a "continental feel"

I keep hearing this story but has no one noticed we sell loads of gear with the old badge on?

dario2739 said:
Just a thought... and not being arsey or anything... genuinely, it seems a fair amount of people on here can't be arsed what our kit looks like, so why bother changing the badge?

Personally think there are some fantastic designs on here but will changing back to a circle not then blur into the New York and Melbourne ones? As the flagship City team I think we should be different.

"Blur"?

A round crest will synergise our branding with the rest of the City Football Group.

SteWadda said:
kramer said:
goater1978 said:

I keep hearing this story but has no one noticed we sell loads of gear with the old badge on?

Yeh and I think the newsagent guy gets a cut of the sales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.