A constant queue of cars at MacDonalds - Am I missing out on something?

No, you're not missing anything

Surprisingly, it is a common sight now here in Switzerland as well but I believe this is more due to the circumstances of confinement and the ease by which to get food
I worked in Basel.
The family came over for FasNacht. We popped into McD, wow that was extortionate, as was every other shop by the way.

I used to drive all over the country and worked the night shift. It was difficult at times feeding yourself when you were heading north, not so much south, but it was in a way reassuring to know, wherever you were in the country Mr Mc D would be open somewhere along the way and you could have something to eat in the small hours as they were open 24 hours a day.

I'm not a great fan of fast food, but when needs must, it's 3am, and you haven't eaten for 8 hours, seeing the golden arch appear through the darkness in front of you when miles from home was very welcome.

I prefer Burger King, but they close early and my hunger was satisfied on many occasions with a chicken thing and fries.

I've not been to a McDonalds for some years now, but they served their purpose, and I take my hat off to them for providing their service to night workers like I used to be.

The food is OK, it's nothing to get ecstatic about, but it's consistent, and I never had cause for complaint.

Before lockdown last year I flew about 4 times every month, if it was a morning flight I would get a double egg mcmuffin, hash brown, orange juice and coffee. It was wonderful. Hopefully I can fly again so I can enjoy the gourmet feast once againMcD.JPG

Last edited:
When McDonald's sponsored the premier league (remember Shearer on the adverts) all players got some gold card which meant they could get want they wanted for free. Curbishley was talking about about it, they didn't let the player have them at Charlton.

One club gets a free McDonalds as a win bonus now, and the EFL threatened to do them for having a unofficial bonus not in the contracts, 'allowed' them to continue as long as they got it win, lose or draw. Obviously the EFL have no idea what goes on unless some idiot puts it on twitter, which is how some football betters came unstuck who didn't know the rules as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.