A level results

where s clarksons annual tweet
What the smug twat doesn’t remind us is that his parents forked out a fortune to send him to Repton, a private school where he failed so magnificently.
He then worked selling mummy’s Paddington bear dolls before nepotism got him a break on the Rotherham Advertiser.
So my advice to those who have failed their A levels is re-sit them, unless you have a very influential daddy who can help you grow up to be as big a twat as Clarkson.

Last edited:
Thanks EB, I bet you was a kind and likeable mentor to the kids you taught, unlike my teachers. Most of them were cruel tormentors who I hated.
I tried to be. I’m sorry you suffered because school should be exciting and fun for children. I know saying the happiest days of your life is a cliche but at least not miserable. :-) :-)

Just a reminder for any young uns worrying.

Nobody, not one employer, has ever asked to see my A level or degree certificates.

Could’ve just made the whole thing up if I wanted.
100% this ^

Congratulations to all that got their grades today but I know a lot of very successful people that never got or for that matter ever took an exam.

Thing is it's now very difficult to fail A levels - with a 97.2% pass rate. Gold standard? I really doubt it. 50 years ago the pass rate was about 65% in most subjects and over half the pass students achieved the lower 2 grades (D and E). And don't get me started on those mickey mouse degree courses (communication, media studies etc). Next up we'll have a degree course in balloon animal construction. Rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.