a little birdie...Torres et al...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cambridgeblue said:
twinkletoes said:
It's also latin for "defender".

I don't believe it is, though it has been a while since I studied Latin -

"Captain" from Old French capitaine, from Late Latin capitāneus chief, from Latin caput head

Also there is no El in Latin as they did not use "the".

Defend is normally something like munio, assero or patrocinor if I recall correctly.

All in all I believe the Spanish translation to be more likely.

Hook, line and sinker.

Cambridgeblue said:
svennis pennis said:
The captain = song by Biffy Clyro. Scottish Band - We are signing disgraced Scotland Captain Barry Ferguson! Get in!

Tolmie just PM'd me this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrs8CgpH980[/youtube]

Puppet on a string - says a playmaker to me... after all there needs to be someone who pulls the strings (like the object of the song)

Svennis was taking the piss with that vid mate.

TH didnt pm him that link, Svennis is just making out that TH has us all like puppets on a string!

If ever there was a time for Ajay/TH/Etc to give u some possitivity in this thread its now..........

Please!

twinkletoes said:
Cambridgeblue said:
I don't believe it is, though it has been a while since I studied Latin -

"Captain" from Old French capitaine, from Late Latin capitāneus chief, from Latin caput head

Also there is no El in Latin as they did not use "the".

Defend is normally something like munio, assero or patrocinor if I recall correctly.

All in all I believe the Spanish translation to be more likely.

Hook, line and sinker.

Son of a....

I have to take my hat off to you there!

christen at St Marks said:
i8rags said:
what like a door man. about all he is good for.

Hope you deeply regret that one next season
i regretted it last season when he missed 7 games for stamping and slapping. i personally blame him for not finishing fourth. but hey opinions are mine and i dont give a flying if you like them or not. if you think he will be a starter for us next year then i am glad your not the manager.

i8rags said:
christen at St Marks said:
Hope you deeply regret that one next season
i regretted it last season when he missed 7 games for stamping and slapping. i personally blame him for not finishing fourth. but hey opinions are mine and i dont give a flying if you like them or not. if you think he will be a starter for us next year then i am glad your not the manager.

Er!! think, I said, I hope you regret it, meaning, I hope he does well for City, it's called showing support for the Lads, he will probably be 1 of 3/4 top class strikers in the squad, I tell myself not to post because of people like this, there you go fcked myself up again got sucked in

poyntonblueboy said:
dzeko negotiations, are they ongoing, or dead in the water. what do you think ?

According to the guardian they are looking like dead in the water. the link to the Guardian article is in the Dzeko thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.