a little birdie...Torres et al...

Status
Not open for further replies.
CityPar said:
OK so Milner is almost on board. Nice and he'll be a good addition but it's hardly something to be blown away by.

We may have another 3 as the good THD says and this is great too assuming they are an improvement of what we have. But again it's not really something to go overboard about unless you are talking world class. I'm not aware of any world class players currently available.

Don't want to put a dampener on things but what City now need is a real blue chip signing..... not more players making up the numbers.

Jesus Christ. We can disuss the relative merits of Milner all day but Ya Ya Toure and David Silva "making up the numbers"???

You miserable c*nt.

So Tolmie rekons Milner is all but done then, is that what the excitement is about or is there something else in the pipeline? Our midfield is going to be so narrow next season

________ De Jong _______

____ Milner ____ Yaya ___

_________ Silva ________

____ Tevez ___ Ade _____

Anyway, Milner...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8a4iiOnzsc[/youtube]

Blue Coop said:
So Tolmie rekons Milner is all but done then, is that what the excitement is about or is there something else in the pipeline? Our midfield is going to be so narrow next season

________ De Jong _______

_________ Silva ________

____ Tevez ___ Ade _____

Anyway, Milner...

There's no point trying to guess the formation or personnel at this stage but one thing I will say is, even if we started with the above shape, I'm pretty certain we'll have two full backs who can get up an down the pitch all day long and produce quality into the box. Sit down Micah.....

Milner has the high level experience of a wizened old pro but he's only 24. Two footed, quick, skilful, brave, tough, versatile, a really good passer of a ball and he doesn't get injured. The ideal artisan to complement our artists.

m27 said:
Blue Coop said:

________ De Jong _______

_________ Silva ________

____ Tevez ___ Ade _____

Anyway, Milner...

There's no point trying to guess the formation or personnel at this stage but one thing I will say is, even if we started with the above shape, I'm pretty certain we'll have two full backs who can get up an down the pitch all day long and produce quality into the box. Sit down Micah.....
I agree, Boateng on the right (proved he can get forward and cross a ball against Uruguay) and maybe Kolarov on the left.

johnny crossan said:
Milner has the high level experience of a wizened old pro but he's only 24. Two footed, quick, skilful, brave, tough, versatile, a really good passer of a ball and he doesn't get injured. The ideal artisan to complement our artists.

I rate him highly and I think he'll be a crowd favourite by Christmas. He's just one of those players that always is because of the way he plays.

I have no doubt we'll end up paying over the odds for him but if Villa don't have to sell, then it's inevitable.

johnny crossan said:

Yes, but he's only really had 1 outstanding season, which is where my worry lies with this signing. I am very happy if he can maintain his 7/10 performances on a consistant bases, every winning side needs those players. But we've all single handedly seen how an outstanding season can be followed by a very poor season, which is okay when its through the academy, but paying ridiculous money only adds pressure and risk on the player. If we see a confident improving milner then we've snapped up a gem, if not, we'll be taking a big financial hit.

Really gutted to see AJ left out of the majority of users line-ups on here. I hope that isn't the case with Mancini.

CityPar said:
OK so Milner is almost on board. Nice and he'll be a good addition but it's hardly something to be blown away by.

We may have another 3 as the good THD says and this is great too assuming they are an improvement of what we have. But again it's not really something to go overboard about unless you are talking world class. I'm not aware of any world class players currently available.

Don't want to put a dampener on things but what City now need is a real blue chip signing..... not more players making up the numbers.
so david silva wasnt a blue chip signing for us... you know the club that hasnt won fuck all in decades.

fucking unbelieveable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.