A new zoo in Trafford?

Isn't there already a rodent zoo down the road?
RatBoy.jpg

Plans are being discussed to have a zoo in the Trafford area (lots of gags about animals in the swamp expected)
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-46780645

....and as always, former Trafford resident Steven Patrick Morrissey is on the ball.

"Trafford Council's idea to open a zoo in Manchester is probably the worst idea in the history of the human brain. Just as the world makes terrific advancements in animal rights, Trafford Council leaps back 100 years with plans to trap, strap, clamp, cramp and restrain animals from living anything close to a natural life. I'm decrepit enough to remember Belle Vue Zoo… the lucky animals died in transit from their natural habitat. Personally, I think I'd rather be shot in the head by Prince Harry.
Anyone who thinks a zoo is a good idea should spend one full year in a cage. I'd anticipate a swift change of mind! It's no different to proposing plans for a concentration camp in Wilmslow. Welcome to the sorry past."

Morrissey 10 January 2019....

I know you practically live up Morrissey’s arse, even now when he largely confines his latest dribblings to promoting fascists and his rampant Islamaphobia, but no - Steven Patrick Morrissey is not on the ball.

It is not Trafford Council’s idea to open a zoo. It is the idea of a single developer who is submitting plans for a zoo. This developer is now attempting to bounce the Council into a decision by running his mouth to the media. There is as much prospect of Trafford Council agreeing to this plan as there is of Morrissey suddenly being relevant again. None whatsoever. Particularly as the proposed plan is to build the zoo on scarce green belt land and would absolutely fly in the face of the recent Spatial Framework plans.

There is an application due in to the Council, who will have to follow due process in considering the application. But I will take any bet anyone cares to mention. The Council will not agree to any proposal for a zoo in Trafford.

Plans are being discussed to have a zoo in the Trafford area (lots of gags about animals in the swamp expected)
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-46780645

....and as always, former Trafford resident Steven Patrick Morrissey is on the ball.

"Trafford Council's idea to open a zoo in Manchester is probably the worst idea in the history of the human brain. Just as the world makes terrific advancements in animal rights, Trafford Council leaps back 100 years with plans to trap, strap, clamp, cramp and restrain animals from living anything close to a natural life. I'm decrepit enough to remember Belle Vue Zoo… the lucky animals died in transit from their natural habitat. Personally, I think I'd rather be shot in the head by Prince Harry.
Anyone who thinks a zoo is a good idea should spend one full year in a cage. I'd anticipate a swift change of mind! It's no different to proposing plans for a concentration camp in Wilmslow. Welcome to the sorry past."

Morrissey 10 January 2019....

Zoos, unless solely for the breeding of endangered species that can be returned to the wild, which is seldom possible, should be banned. Locking up animals for people to gawp at is a fucking scandal. Close them all. Or at least do not replace animals for the wild and let them be fazed out.

I ended up taking a group of kids to sea world in Orlando before Xmas. Given free tickets. I didn't want to go but I was the only driver.
Went to the whale show. Kids and everyone loved it all close up and that but I just kept thinking what they have missed out on swimming free in the oceans rather than performing tricks for our entertainment. On each of the areas in the park a lot of dressing up was done on how educational the park is and how profits are ploughed into protecting sea life but for the dolphins and whales their life is just swimming round a pool performing tricks. And the day they stop performing them as expected?

SeaWorld, and other parks of that ilk, are a disgrace. Get the kids, and those who enjoyed it, to watch Blackfish, they'll soon revise their "love" of those shows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.