A proper discussion...what made you support city?

Laugh if you want:

The winters get cold and dark here in Alaska, and TV sports is lacking, as I dont really care any more for US football and hockey was too sporadic.

I got up early one Suday morning (6am) and while channel surfing, ended up watching Chelsea play. Wow...never having watched soccer before, I said this is cool. I started studying the game and following some of the players...on the fox soccer channel you get 24/7 football including replays.

I didnt really follow a team, more so players. I was and am more enamoured of the game itself than just being a team fan. Of course the best players were on teams Like Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U...

I used to watch a bunch of Chelsea games (they got more play because they were a top team) and I thought that Sean Wright-Phillips was awesome because he is just a little guy that never, ever, ever quit playing...he always seemed to give 110%...when he went to Manchester City I started following them more and actually rooting for them. Ireland started to impress me (although Richard Dunne doesnt) and Shay Given is a good goalie...now City has two more of my favorite players, Adebayor and Carlos Tevez...

So what the heck, I still enjoy the game itself, but this year is the year of Man City. As much as I like Liverpool and Man U, I cant wait to see City beat them. Im trying to arrange a trip over to see a game, and hope to be able to party with some City supporters.

I'm from Aberdeen, Scotland. Season Ticket holder at Pittodrie. My Dad's second cousin is Denis Law. When i was young i saw on tv that goal he scored against Man Utd in 1974 that caused their relegation.

From there i read up on the history of Man City and decided at 8 years old that Man City is the team that i will support. Never once thought about supporting the Rags. Although everyone assumes that i do cause of my name which is incredibly annoying but i'm quick to point out that i have never and will never support the Rags. I've stuck by City through the highs and lows.

Lived in Ancoats and my dad and brother supported City.
Dad came from Preston and adopted City as his manchester team.
Hate to think what would have happened if he had adopted the scum.
Thanks Dad.
Move to Wales when I was 11 but obviously CTID

Mazzer0 said:
Born in the early seventies and raised in Kent I had no reason to support City other than my dad looked for their results at 3 on a Saturday afternoon. All my little mates were hooked on Coppell, Macari, Robson etc. The only Subbuteo style football games we had had either red or blue so I always chose to be blue for City and they were the scum. At this point, the importance of the derby matches we were having was unknown and seemingly irrelevant, or I would have tried harder honest!
When I was 7 a certain cup final took place and I watched in awe as the City coach filmed from the air with the badge on the roof weaved its way to Wembley (memories anyone?). That was stage 1 of the rest of my life, stage 2 was Joe Corrigan being the mystery guest on Question of Sport polishing his M.O.M. trophy and then stage 3, the point of no return, was the devastation felt when Villa got 'that' f*****g goal.
Still living in Kent, only 25 mins away from Selhurst Park and surrounded by Chelsea or Rags I have had plenty of reason to change and believe me I have seen people switch their teams, tossers. Not for me, I used to love the fact that I could go and see Palace or particularly Wimbledon and they would open the whole of the Arthur Wait stand 'cos so many blues would travel down, true fans made it worth while, well almost... my hometown was in the Chelsea boys 'manor' as they say. My teenage years were spent mainly crossing the street to avoid a possible kickin' but I still wore my shirt. In the '90's my nickname 'round town was 'brother'!
I remember on the day we went down desoite that 5 goal haul at Stoke, my mate (Chelsea fan) betting me £5 that we wouldn't make the Premiership before I was 30, well not only did we make it back once but in typical City style we managed to get relegated and back again before I was 30. The b**tard only paid me once though! Well my Chelsea mates have had their turn but they've gone very quiet lately, after all I never gave them any grief about their money as I was happy that someone they were beating the scum!

By the way, living 45 mins from Gillingham, how good was that play off!?!

why did he have a premonition!!!

moved to manchester as a 10 year old lad in 85. went to my first game and was bamboozled by the atmosphere in the kippax! southampton at home i think, my mates dad who took us, had his car broken into and we had to leave after about half an hour! gutted!!!!

1st game i attended making our own way was against plymouth in the cup!

alanjames24 said:
Humlannitton said:
In chronological order:

1. Lack of Premier League teams in Sweden.
2. Sven
3. Bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk - yes, you people!
4. Everything else about the club, and now I'm stuck.

And I love it!

Reasons I love Sweden (In chronological order)

1. Lack of fit birds in England
2. Sven
3. Grevious amounts of incredibly fit birds in Sweden

article_image_d9fb5d944ee7f0b8.jpg

A Swedish fit bird;)

Barry Conlons wig, you are a smart arse get sir! Ok, so it was 5 o'clock, although he probably knew at 3 that they'd have lost!

As a kid (7 or 8 I think) I went to Maine Road one week, then Old Trafford the next with my uncle (he was a Red but the other side of the family is Blue).

I didn't need to make a decision, after a season or two my love for one club had grown as had my lack of interest in the other.

Been going to City ever since!!

my dad was never a football follower.
grandad always was. huge blue, since the 50's. tried his hardest to never miss a match
one day, i go round to his house. manchester city vs manchester united on the tv. i'm about 6/7
i sit there, watching, engulfed in it. we lost.
he turned to me and said
' so what team are you son'
'that blue one grandad, city'

since that day, been a blue. and always will
c.t.i.d

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.