A question for those who remember the bad old days ... which is more nerve wracking, relegation last days or title deciders?

I remember Luton and bloody David Pleat (barely but just about) and then the debacle when we thought a draw would do on the last day and we were keeping it in the corner with Niall Quinn screaming "no, we need 3 points"! And then getting relegated at Ipswich has always haunted me for some reason. And the bloody Stoke thing, when we scored 5 or 6 and went down anyway. Don't even go there. Win lose or draw, tomorrow, nothing comes close to those vile relegation games for me. Tomorrow is terrifying for us but I feel for Burnley and Leeds fans. It's worse for them.

Anyway, do you agree, those of you who remember those times?
Luton was also my first relegation so like many others on this board I've endured five relegations. Also enjoyed the outcome of five promotions. Then subsequently five league titles.
I honestly don't think I've ever been as nervous about a game as I am today. And I put it all down to the media's Dipper Wankfest. I really, really can't stand it. I was actually talking to an old rag mate in the pub last night like we were old allies and I can't fckin stand utd

In conclusion I'd say being at the top and in finals is more stressful. Why? Well when you've been great the majority of the season to be in those positions, given everything and lose, the disappointment is crushing. So near yet so far. In relegation battles you're expecting the worst for quite some time so mentally prepare for it.
In most of the 80's and 90's we knew we were crap,and it was inevitable or relegation was always on our minds.

But being the best or one if the best is oh so different,it is for me anyhow.

the other week v newcastle when we slaughtered them,i could hardly raise a smile aftet what had happened in madrid a few nights ago,crazy.

I find the most nerve-wracking days are the derbys against United. The 3-1 at Maine Road and the 4-1 at the Etihad were the worst. On the edge of the seat all game, staring at the clock, praying it would move faster and get us to the final whistle. It was so rare and so important to beat them in those days. After everything we'd been through down to league 1 while they were winning everything, to be competing with them and beating them was so important. The relegations and these days were a breeze compared to that.

Luton was also my first relegation so like many others on this board I've endured five relegations. Also enjoyed the outcome of five promotions. Then subsequently five league titles.
I honestly don't think I've ever been as nervous about a game as I am today. And I put it all down to the media's Dipper Wankfest. I really, really can't stand it. I was actually talking to an old rag mate in the pub last night like we were old allies and I can't fckin stand utd

That is the crux of it. If our opponents weren't so insufferable, while losing the title would be a bitter pill to swallow, to lose it to this classless bunch of self righteous dicks would be unbearable. If the worst happens get smashed and avoid all TV and social media except here for the summer.

Definitely title deciders.
As a 8/9 year old i cried when luton and raddy bloody antic put is down.
But then each one after that i saw it coming a mile off.
i never felt any sort of stress or felt nervous about relegation day, just sad, a sad inevitability that i knew what was coming.

100% more stressful supporting a good team rather than one that contained craig russell

Definitely title deciders.
As a 8/9 year old i cried when luton and raddy bloody antic put is down.
But then each one after that i saw it coming a mile off.
i never felt any sort of stress or felt nervous about relegation day, just sad, a sad inevitability that i knew what was coming.

100% more stressful supporting a good team rather than one that contained craig russell

Dry your eyes mate

In one single moment, your whole life can turn round
I stand there for a minute, staring straight into the ground
Lookin' to the left slightly, then lookin' back down
The world feels like it's caved in, proper sorry frown

We are going to win 5-0 proper batter them, it will be come in the first 30 mins!
Skiddynostradamus...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.