A question for those who think corruption is happening.

As I posted before corruption is corruption. However you dressed it formally or informally. It does not have to be 3rd world style. Money not only corrupts but POWER too!

Lets not be specious in our arguments & DUCK the Principle of it!

I think United get a good proportion of the decisions for two reasons:
1. Fear of Fergie grumping about them gets headlines more than anyone else.
2. Half of Refs support United because nerdy refs are just the type of person to support United. Subconsciously they then can't help themselves.
Hence Gary Neville stays on the pitch and doesn't give pens away then laughs about it and a player needs to be assaulted at the Swamp for the opposition to get a pen.
No need for bribes although the Premier League also probably make more money when utd win it - so they're in it too

JoeMercer'sWay said:
leroy said:
point proven - some go for, some go against.

btw, in your opinion it shouldnt have counted. we could have scored in the added time, just like blackpool could have done last night.
we can rightly call them for a lot of things, but the fact they dont give up is why they are successful. it is something we need to progress from where we are
it was the free kick against carlos when actually it should have been awarded to city, that put them on the front foot atkinson knew this and completely manipulated the game in united's favour, if anyone on this site thinks that the officials are not manipulating games in united's favour they are very very naive?
not the point when the added time wasn't justifiable.

Case in point was when Everton had a 3 on 1 on the break at Goodison against them this season at 3-3 and the ref blew up during the attack for full time, the very same ref who let United carry on despite the allotted time having run out by a distance.

Pigeonho said:
Just think about it for a second. Think about what it would take for a United official to go through to make a payment to a ref or any other bod, to ensure a game is not lost. Surely there would be a paper trail? An electronic transfer of data trail? An audio trail? A money trail?

We have just seen the downfall of a Sky 'legend', (their term, not mine), all in the space of 24 hours - because there was a trail. Now some think that trail was set up, and I can see why. That is just to bring down a commentator, not a club and one of the greatest managers ever, just a commentator. Now surely if someone hated United that much and suspected there was foul play with refs, a sting could be set up? Remember how easily Sven got stung by the NOTW? Surely if they thought something was not right, they would set up a sting to unmask the biggest footballing scandal since records began? It couldn't be that hard to do, could it?

Or am I being very naive and very gullible by not realising that it could actually be a matter of a masked menace, sneaking up to Peter Waltons house at night with a self exploding letter which explains what this 'payment' is for?

Still think its happening?

Just to say, this isn't a smartarse pop at those I regard as deluded enough to believe United are favoured upon. You know my thoughts on that. I believe they win because that is all they know to do and whether I get pillared for this or not, I admire how they carve out results like last night and I wish to high heaven we could start doing it. Time will bring that mentality to us, I am certain of it but its all about gaining the experience of doing so, and the fact is they have players there who only know how to win, and that experience rubs off on whoever it is Bacon Face decides to add to the squad for the future.
if u dont think they are bent just google the name louis edwards.

I'm not going to read all this thread so apologies if this point has been made.

There is corruption in all walks of business. There is in football. To what extent I'm not sure. Let's just say it's favourtism. A referee is appointed based on where he lives. If you were a City fan would you declare an interest in City if you lived in London so as to never get a game to referee involving City. Plenty of United fans live all around the UK. Not only do they get to referee United games and don't give a penalty v United but they also get to referee their biggest rivals and make things difficult for them.

Pigeonho said:
The Future's Blue said:
I take it that was sarcasm? But to think about it, who does actually run these institutions? We all know United have their fingers in all the pies and we do know that Sky like to promote their brand with the Rags as their Flagship. So the truth is, it's not real corruption in terms of the word, more what we like to refer as 'Favouritism', ensuring certain teams get a little more from the ref's than usual.

Now, if people can't see that then I don't know what to say.
I can't see it, I just see a very experienced and very good team doing what such a team should do. Answer me this then. Next season United have the worst injury record the league has known. Its December 2011 and United are in 16th place and those absentees have been confirmed as non starters again this season. What could the league possibly do to ensure that Uniteds new average team, finishes in the top 4? My point is if there isn't the quality for them to do it naturally like the do now, what will the league to to ensure that average squad succeeds but without it beinf really obvious? The odd penalty here and there?
I see your point mate but they won't be in 16th, they are too big a club to drop so low so quickly. At the start of the season many of us said that they didn't have the squad to challenge, and to be truthful, they've looked very average to say the least. Through other teams dropping points they have stood out at the head of the class, not because of their football, but merely because of their points. And that is the point, they get decisions that any other club can only dream of. If Neville played for any other club he'd have been off......twice! If Ferdinand threw is studs in whilst playing for West Ham, he'd have faced the same punishment. And what about Vidic last year, was that not a goal scoring opportunity against Villa in the Cup?

This isn't a pissing contest between us and them, this is a genuine observation from a long time City fan, and moreover, a long time footballer and football supporter. To say there is no favouritism towards certain teams is quite absurd, especially considering the evidence we see week-in/week-out.

The question is, what we will think of it when we ourselves start getting shown the same favouritism; will we be questioning it then?

I can't believe people still genuinely believe there is corruption, there isn't consistency and there at times is incompetence but corruption... Blackpool were winning 2-0 and they threw it away, what is corrupt there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.