A question for those who think corruption is happening.

in my mind its all about intimidation, the refs are intimidated by fergie/ rags and it sickens me, it happens all to often in games in the prem league, i dont know the solution to it. i am absolutely convinced there is something not quite right, do united get away with as much in europe, ? i dont think so. dont get me wrong united are a brilliant gteam, they are as strong as ever, but fuck me there are some very and i mean very , fishy decisions gooing onwhich i can only think the reasons are the refs bottle it , there is an intimadation factor around the swamp and fergie, all part of their game plan and it works for them i guess.. as for me,they just turn my stomach over and the more it happens the more it becomes a joke, i hate them for it, but how can it change?

hisroyalblueness said:
I don't think that there's much obvious corruption in english football but there is definitely an underlying current of skewed decisions in favour of certain very powerful football clubs.
I doubt that it's down to anything as blunt as back handers - more the case that referees know that making a decision against certain clubs will bring massive disfavour down on them whereas erring towards a decision that favours the big clubs will not have a negative effect.
I think that 99.9% of refs do what they honestly belive to be right but the pressure on them inevitably sways the marginal decisions in one direction.
The net effect is that a couple of clubs recieve more favourable decisions 'on average'. Over a PL season I'd guess it might be worth circa 10 to 15 points.

If the FA was serious about creating a level playing field then they'd work with one of our major universities to monitor the stats and produce a trend analysis report that could then be used to determine how best to remove the unwanted influences from the game. . . crowd pressure / fergie watch tapping etc. or at least provide the referees with psychometric training to reduce the pressure bias.

It's simple a f#ck but it won't be addressed until the masters at the FA are brave enough to apply real science to truly assess the state of the game and to improve it thereafter.

In short; Yes, the game is corrupt but it's an insidious skewing of advantage and nothing as direct as a brown paper envelope full of £50's!
Still corrupt though.

Precisely. The FA would also be serious about bringing the technology in, as it's not rocket science. But when Blatter says he doesn't like it, no one apparently likes it, it's suddenly too expensive, too intrusive, too blah blah blah.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
There is no corruption in the sense of brown envelopes, Swiss numbered accounts, money laundering, sovereigns in shoes, etc. There is an accepted WAY in which THINGS shall be! Blackpool do not get penalties when they are playing MANUre, MANUre are struggling so we allow a handball, thrice, and then permit the attacker to take the defence's free kick and score, all elbows within a scarlet shirt are ignored, all kicks within a scarlet boot are disregarded, any element of similarity between teams re disciplining individuals will not be used by the FA, and so on.

That is exactly it - OP had the wrong end of the stick - corruption in a moral sense rather than a formal sense - it still means the bastards get an extra 10 points or so a season

blueplan said:
de niro said:
Too many too often for too long to be anything but corrupt.

If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck common folks will say its a duck.

Corruption can be in many forms
Cronyism, nepotism, depotism etc.
Keep it coming mates eventually we will unearth a lot of stuff in this thread.

Let me start by Phone Hacking (with the ubiguity of bluetooth in current cell phones which 'inadvertently' lends itself downloading of spyware).

Ask why a lot of celebrities like Tiger Wood, John Terry et al are 'outed'. Are their voicemails & text messages being hacked?

Why the pair of tweedledums (Gray & Key) are 'sacrificed'? To bury the NOTW phone hacking scandal or news in the media?

Now suppose you are a referee, or have influence to mould public opinion, and if someone is privy to damaging information on you will that person or organization bend you to their agenda? Leading to further compromising you?

To start with mates I suggest you read 'The Fix' by Declan Hill.
We are deluded if we don't believe we are being fed with & by ManUre.

Thats an oxymoron. As I said corruption can be in many forms. OP should be thanked for opening this thread for us to discuss rather than bury our heads in our snoods.

mcfc1632 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
There is no corruption in the sense of brown envelopes, Swiss numbered accounts, money laundering, sovereigns in shoes, etc. There is an accepted WAY in which THINGS shall be! Blackpool do not get penalties when they are playing MANUre, MANUre are struggling so we allow a handball, thrice, and then permit the attacker to take the defence's free kick and score, all elbows within a scarlet shirt are ignored, all kicks within a scarlet boot are disregarded, any element of similarity between teams re disciplining individuals will not be used by the FA, and so on.

That is exactly it - OP had the wrong end of the stick - corruption in a moral sense rather than a formal sense - it still means the bastards get an extra 10 points or so a season

Even in the formal sense, as there is clear monetary gain (refs get to keep their contracts, someone makes millions on shirts, etc).

Again, corruption does not assume conspiracy to commit fraud which normally requires an explicit agreement. Even the above is sufficient for formal corruption.

Soulboy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Of course it's happening but it's not the clubs who are doing it - it's Far Eastern gambling syndicates who want to ensure they don't risk losing hundreds of millions (and sometimes over $1bn) dollars on a single match.

Imagine if these people could get one of their own (like, for example, a dodgy ex-PM of a Far Eastern country running a PL club)?

One game - between Fulham & Wigan - is known by the PL to have been fixed and they paid a six-figure sum a couple of years ago to get hold of a dossier that spelled the end of Rob Styles' refereeing career. But at the end of the day, they would rather sweep it all under the carpet than fight it.

Is this yet another one of your wind ups! Or are you being serious here..

Any facts to support this, or is it just rumours? I would be very interested in this if it could be backed up...
Perfectly serious unfortunately.

LoveCity said:
9likj8.jpg
PMSL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.