A question for those who think corruption is happening.

Of course it's happening but it's not the clubs who are doing it - it's Far Eastern gambling syndicates who want to ensure they don't risk losing hundreds of millions (and sometimes over $1bn) dollars on a single match.

Imagine if these people could get one of their own (like, for example, a dodgy ex-PM of a Far Eastern country running a PL club)?

One game - between Fulham & Wigan - is known by the PL to have been fixed and they paid a six-figure sum a couple of years ago to get hold of a dossier that spelled the end of Rob Styles' refereeing career. But at the end of the day, they would rather sweep it all under the carpet than fight it.

Sugarloaf said:
wanderer72 said:
So, sheep-mounter, what is confusing you specifically? I've answered your sandbox buddy's question already. Need another banana? Ask mommy, I just gave her mine, twice.

More floundering gibberish, you've been found out. And now your staggering around like someone who's just been trampled in a stampede.

Wipe the dribble from your chin and get into bed. It'll be a new day tomorrow, so maybe you can go and root through the ex-wives bins again, or pop in to the library to read about alien abduction or summat as equally dull to fill the pang of desperation that has become your daily existence. (15 hours you've been on here for!)

I wish you and 76 would get a room or take it to PMs it is getting tiresome

Prestwich_Blue said:
Of course it's happening but it's not the clubs who are doing it - it's Far Eastern gambling syndicates who want to ensure they don't risk losing hundreds of millions (and sometimes over $1bn) dollars on a single match.

Imagine if these people could get one of their own (like, for example, a dodgy ex-PM of a Far Eastern country running a PL club)?

One game - between Fulham & Wigan - is known by the PL to have been fixed and they paid a six-figure sum a couple of years ago to get hold of a dossier that spelled the end of Rob Styles' refereeing career. But at the end of the day, they would rather sweep it all under the carpet than fight it.

Is this yet another one of your wind ups!

Or are you being serious here..

Any facts to support this, or is it just rumours? I would be very interested in this if it could be backed up.

Only wondering...

Sugarloaf said:
wanderer72 said:
So, sheep-mounter, what is confusing you specifically? I've answered your sandbox buddy's question already. Need another banana? Ask mommy, I just gave her mine, twice.

More floundering gibberish, you've been found out. And now your staggering around like someone who's just been trampled in a stampede.

Wipe the dribble from your chin and get into bed. It'll be a new day tomorrow, so maybe you can go and root through the ex-wives bins again, or pop in to the library to read about alien abduction or summat as equally dull to fill the pang of desperation that has become your daily existence. (15 hours you've been on here for!)

Hurt a bit? So many letters, and absolutely nothing said? Or are you planning on becoming my next wife, as you're already counting my minutes here?

I appreciate the offer, but I am not into ladyboys.

Soulboy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Any facts to support this, or is it just rumours? I would be very interested in this if it could be backed up.

Only wondering...

I've heard something along those lines.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Soulboy said:

Only wondering...

I've heard something along those lines.

Rumours or facts? Same question...

Guys, guys look at us arguing, bickering like children. We never used to be like this.

80's kids may get the reference.

I don't think that there's much obvious corruption in english football but there is definitely an underlying current of skewed decisions in favour of certain very powerful football clubs.
I doubt that it's down to anything as blunt as back handers - more the case that referees know that making a decision against certain clubs will bring massive disfavour down on them whereas erring towards a decision that favours the big clubs will not have a negative effect.
I think that 99.9% of refs do what they honestly belive to be right but the pressure on them inevitably sways the marginal decisions in one direction.
The net effect is that a couple of clubs recieve more favourable decisions 'on average'. Over a PL season I'd guess it might be worth circa 10 to 15 points.

If the FA was serious about creating a level playing field then they'd work with one of our major universities to monitor the stats and produce a trend analysis report that could then be used to determine how best to remove the unwanted influences from the game. . . crowd pressure / fergie watch tapping etc. or at least provide the referees with psychometric training to reduce the pressure bias.

It's simple a f#ck but it won't be addressed until the masters at the FA are brave enough to apply real science to truly assess the state of the game and to improve it thereafter.

In short; Yes, the game is corrupt but it's an insidious skewing of advantage and nothing as direct as a brown paper envelope full of £50's!
Still corrupt though.

Prestwich_Blue said:

That's clearcut corruption.

There are also other types of corruption (as they indeed result in financial gain), that don't assume a conspiracy to commit fraud.

The simplest one is the refs falling into the "informal company policy" line in order to keep their contracts (monetary value). No explicitly stated policy, no explicit agreement ("We'll try to help X win") but everyone gets the wink.

How many clubs benefit from this corruption? Presumably if it is as widespread as many on here would have you believe, all must have benefited at some point?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.