A question for WHEELSY

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Was I 'entitled' to a ticket? No.
Is it unfair? Perhaps.
Do I regret taking a place of another Blue? Not a chance.

As Felix said, it's not what you know, it's who you know. And I happen to know some great people who were able to pull a few strings.

Wheelsy, I just didnt like the casual way you commented on how you were prepared to walk all over another City fan to get what you wanted, but hey thats the society we now live in.

If you were such a diehard fan as you say you are, you would have been able to get a ticket through the club.

I can't believe some bellend is having a go at someone for travelling a few thousand miles, and paying a few grand to watch City play. Absolutely ludicrous!

wheelsey f k em eh? there are some sad twats on here, who gives a f k where u get you tickets from and how often you go you travel more for one game than most of these dick heads do in a season, good on ya son!

rhysmcfc said:
If you were such a diehard fan as you say you are, you would have been able to get a ticket through the club.

I can't believe some bellend is having a go at someone for travelling a few thousand miles, and paying a few grand to watch City play. Absolutely ludicrous!

Rhys (Are you welsh?) - Not talking about me as I have plenty of loyalty points and no probs getting tickets, it was the OP who is a blue but yet is casually dismissed by Wheelsy's cronies because he felt that he probably deserved a ticket just as much as Wheelsy did.

Citytillidie69 said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Was I 'entitled' to a ticket? No.
Is it unfair? Perhaps.
Do I regret taking a place of another Blue? Not a chance.

As Felix said, it's not what you know, it's who you know. And I happen to know some great people who were able to pull a few strings.

Wheelsy, I just didnt like the casual way you commented on how you were prepared to walk all over another City fan to get what you wanted, but hey thats the society we now live in.
Okay cool.

Although, as many others have said on this thread, they got tickets they weren't 'entitled' to, and I'm certain even more would have done the same.

But to be honest I didn't think about it that way. If I had personally robbed a City fan in Gelsenkirchen to get a ticket then I'd feel bad.

Citytillidie69 said:
rhysmcfc said:

Rhys (Are you welsh?) - Not talking about me as I have plenty of loyalty points and no probs getting tickets, it was the OP who is a blue but yet is casually dismissed by Wheelsy's cronies because he felt that he probably deserved a ticket just as much as Wheelsy did.

I concur, not arsed personally as i have all the points i need but it's the way that someone asks a question and due to the fact they are not in the 'clique' they are berated. And it's not just confined to this post. And nice to see you class yourself as a 'celebrity fan' Self praise is no recommendation!

1_barry_conlon said:
Citytillidie69 said:
rhysmcfc said:

I concur, not arsed personally as i have all the points i need but it's the way that someone asks a question and due to the fact they are not in the 'clique' they are berated. And it's not just confined to this post. And nice to see you class yourself as a 'celebrity fan' Self praise is no recommendation!
I didn't... well it didn't mean to come out like that. Liam Gallagher is a celebrity fan. Ricky Hatton is a celebrity fan. Some wanker from Australia is not.

Anyway, Schalke (unfortunately) was months ago. As I said, I don't regret it, and would do it again in an instant. I may not go week-in week-out, and I may not sound like a Manc — doesn't make me any more or less of a Blue nor for that matter does it make me any more or less deserving. I just wanted it more/was more desperate I guess and sounded out every avenue for purchasing a ticket, as plenty of others did.

Good on you Wheelsey.

If I was in your position I would have done exactly the same.

I've begged, borrowed, blagged my way to tickets before.

Fuck it, it's part of football. there have been lots of games where I haven't qualified for tickets and I've done whatever it takes. Gillingham at Wembley, I got tickets off my dad's mate. They went to people with a certain number of ticket stubs and I got a load together and dished them out to a couple of mates who got tickets. Blackburn 2000, I booked the corporate trip way in advance on a hunch it would be a do or die. Cup final 81 the local priest got me one somehow.

I could go on and on. If I can't get a ticket from City for a big game i'll try to get one from the home team. If it comes to it I'll go to the ground and use a tout.

There's only ever been one game where I ended up missing the game and sitting outside the stadium - the 1-1 OT draw where Brightwell scored.

Its every man for himself when it comes to tickets. If we get to Istanbul I will do anything to get one. If I had to pay thousands I would.

Ignore these idiots, Wheelsey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.