A question on Georgi Kinkladze

The thing I remember most after his goal against Southampton after leaving Maine Road in my Kingladze T shirt was going to my local boozer on the outskirts of Preston and getting into a fight with the local scrote who was much bigger than me.
Amongst my friends I was not known to be a fighter but absolutely kicked the shit out of him.
Never had a fight since.
I know you.......

1000020565.gif

I remember growing up in the early days of the PL (and the old days of the 1st division) and City had an amazing talent in Georgi Kinkladze who was able to dribble through defences and was an exciting watch. I'm always interested to wonder how legendary players of the past stack up vs today's generation.

My question for you City fans is - do you think peak Kinkladze gets into your current starting XI?
Loved him but not a chance of him getting a regular place.
Now if you were asking about Ali Benarbia... that would be an absolute, all day, every day.

The Georgian Maestro....loved him.
He did go in the Windmill in Denton on a regular basis.
Not seen him in there for a long time though.

With his ability he would walk into this team, the question would be whether he would work hard enough for Pep.

The one thing he never probably had in his career was a bit of guidance/tough love. Add the work rate, correct mgmt and he would have been a legend of the game.

The Georgian Maestro....loved him.
He did go in the Windmill in Denton on a regular basis.
Not seen him in there for a long time though.
That's Potter you're thinking about didn't quite have the same pace or ball control but 20 pints a night takes it's toll :-)

Loved him but not a chance of him getting a regular place.
Now if you were asking about Ali Benarbia... that would be an absolute, all day, every day.
Ah yes Benarbia was quality. The other non-Arsenal player I was in awe of was Matt Le Tissier at Southampton. Him getting a free kick 25 yards out was almost like getting a penalty! Criminal that he didn't play more games for England.

Rags had quality players, shame they resorted to trying to kick us off the park whenever they played us so they can do one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.