A question on Georgi Kinkladze

I remember growing up in the early days of the PL (and the old days of the 1st division) and City had an amazing talent in Georgi Kinkladze who was able to dribble through defences and was an exciting watch. I'm always interested to wonder how legendary players of the past stack up vs today's generation.

My question for you City fans is - do you think peak Kinkladze gets into your current starting XI?
Yes

Fantastic player in his day, obviously. But.....are we guilty of looking back at him through rose coloured glasses? Also, does the fact that he was surrounded by shite back then put a certain sheen on him. I don't think he'd have got in the Mancini or Pellegrini best XIs, never mind Pep's squads. Andwould he have the mindset required to alter his game, and graft? From memory, he wasn't the greatest at tracking back. And like Leroy, he could disappear in away games. Anyway; it's one of those "we'll never know now" scenarios.

No no and no.

Of his time and looked good AT TIMES in a team that’s Sunday league level compared to now. his runs were great to watch but they are few and far between really.

Went to Ajax for £5 mill and did nothing.

Still a cult hero though just because his skills looked world class compared to the dross we were used to.

Just to add some on here rave about Silva ball in the 6 1 but it was against 10 wankers with over 90 minutes gone , watch Kinkladze control and pass against them cunts to which Rosler’s scored in the fa cup different class

No. Jack Grealish and Jeremy Doku are streets ahead. David Silva is even beyond that. Kinkladze was the best out of a bad bunch.

No. Jack Grealish and Jeremy Doku are streets ahead. David Silva is even beyond that. Kinkladze was the best out of a bad bunch.
Imagine any of the 3 you've mentioned playing with Ged Brannon or Jamie Pollock, with 3 or 4 players attempting just to kick them out of the game. Wonder if they'd look quite as good as they did/do surrounded by the quality players we have now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.