A question on Georgi Kinkladze

It probably didn't help.

His poor work rate was down to his fitness. He'd go on a mazy run and then go missing for 5 minutes while he recovered.

If he'd been motivated/encouraged to work on his fitness, who know?
Fair point but then again having Alan Ball, Phil Neal and Frank Clark as managers is enough to drive anyone to the chippy and pub

Imagine any of the 3 you've mentioned playing with Ged Brannon or Jamie Pollock, with 3 or 4 players attempting just to kick them out of the game. Wonder if they'd look quite as good as they did/do surrounded by the quality players we have now.

Or Scott Hiley who joined on a free from Exeter ( great goal away West Ham btw ) Michael Frontzeck those where left backs that season in the prem fast forward a year Eddie McGoldrick playing as makeshift left back , my mind boggles with some City fans anyway everyone is entitled to an opinion

Imagine any of the 3 you've mentioned playing with Ged Brannon or Jamie Pollock, with 3 or 4 players attempting just to kick them out of the game. Wonder if they'd look quite as good as they did/do surrounded by the quality players we have now.
Doku's pace would have been a revelation and both Grealish's and Silva's technical ability would have been phenominal.

Or Scott Hiley who joined on a free from Exeter ( great goal away West Ham btw ) Michael Frontzeck those where left backs that season in the prem fast forward a year Eddie McGoldrick playing as makeshift left back , my mind boggles with some City fans anyway everyone is entitled to an opinion
To be honest mate he was the only thing worth attending for in most of the games then, I remember the Cup tie against West Ham where he very nearly won it for us single handed. Personally I think a young Kinkadze managed by Pep makes the team and would still have bums off seats unbelievably gifted left foot.

To be honest mate he was the only thing worth attending for in most of the games then, I remember the Cup tie against West Ham where he very nearly won it for us single handed. Personally I think a young Kinkadze managed by Pep makes the team and would still have bums off seats unbelievably gifted left foot.

I could honestly wank to that goal , in off the post the noise the crowd actually noise was right up there, still my favourite goal from him , the second half he was unplayable, Uwe pissed the pen after that run from him , genius

Kinkladze was talented absolutely no doubt but he probably played 10 great games for City over a 3 year period, wouldn't get anywhere near this team, for me going back both Benarbia and Berkovic contributed more to a team

The thing I remember most after his goal against Southampton after leaving Maine Road in my Kingladze T shirt was going to my local boozer on the outskirts of Preston and getting into a fight with the local scrote who was much bigger than me.
Amongst my friends I was not known to be a fighter but absolutely kicked the shit out of him.
Never had a fight since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.