A question on Georgi Kinkladze

In that team under Alan Ball even Messi couldn't have done much.
As for "didn't do much at Derby or Ajax",
Messi didn't do much at PSG or Miami, doesn't reflect on his ability or quality.
Doku reminds me of him a bit although Dokus ball retention under pressure isn't as good, yet at least and Kinkladze wasn't as quick as Doku.
It's an unanswerable argument.

Messi has been class for Miami tbf.

Our most skilful player in a particularly miserable period for the club who has since been romanticised to a relatively undeserved level, when compared to the less popular Kolarov and Dzeko or even Mahrez.

Also, whilst undoubtedly enjoying 5-6 stellar performances at Maine Road, his influence in away games was marginal bordering on one fantastic goal at Middlesbrough in the PL, but not much else
Also, whilst undoubtedly enjoying 5-6 stellar performances at Maine Road, his influence in away games was marginal bordering on one fantastic goal at Middlesbrough in the PL, but not much else

Off the top of my head it was a long time ago Oxford , Oldham and Swindon , Villa away

Whenever this subject pops up I always point out that Georgi joined us when we were a shambles and possibly one of the least professional clubs in an age where sports science was starting to impact. City were having team meetings in pubs when Arsen Wenger was recruiting nutritionists to work with Arsenal.

My main point is we have no idea what Georgi would have been like if he was in a modern environment and made to get fit and contribute more. I like to think he would have made it but we just don't know as plenty of very talented players can't cope with the modern game.

In the 90s he was allowed to play his natural way which was to do f all out of possession. He was Incredible to watch. A unique talent. But you had to carry him and we were not good enough to have a spare part.

I loved Kinky and still do.
With his genuine god gifted talent and ability, he could have played in any top team.
As much as a lot of us adored him, due to fact he was the only shining light we had in
our very darkest of days and the only thing we had to hang on to, he came to us
at the wrong time. As we all know, as a club, we were just shambolic on every level.
Put KK in the rags team of that time and he would have an absolute sensation. In
the right environment, with the right fitness levels, with top class coaches and management
he would have thrived. He was the wrong player at the wrong club at the wrong time. But
to me he is a City legend.

Named my first born after him. Impossible to extrapolate as City are a different animal these days. I was there for the goal against Southampton and was a privilege to see it.

Reactions: PPT
Personally I think he would get in today's squad as all players from previous eras would be fitter, stronger and faster with all the improvements in player welfare and the way they're looked after. He had a great left foot and was a great dribbler like David Silva....much better than let's say Nunes, Gomes and maybe Doku in our current squad. By some logic then the likes of Bell, Tueart, Kidd, Lake, Bernabia, Deyna wouldn't get in either!

Despite starting only 22 league games Kinkladze was named player of the year in 2002-03, a season in which Derby struggled following relegation but he produced some of his best form in a Derby shirt.

In the championship. Which was probably his level.

Ok thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.