A question to the Hughes Outers

Pigeonho said:
This by no means is a 'I want to get your back up' kind of question. Its a genuine question which, in most cases, (depending on the mental age of the poster), should be a one word answer. My question is this. You wanted Hughes gone, fair enough that was your opinion, however based on how we're playing and how we STILL are not beating teams we 'should' be beating, are you still of the mindset that he should have gone? As i say its a genuine question and i'd appreciate genuine answers, not answers off little no-marks like Soulboy who just berate anything against anything Blue. I know you weren't 'Hughes outers, Mancini Inners', therefore Mancini was probably not on your minds, but now you have had your wish and Hughes is gone, we're out of the cup and doing equally as poor in the league under Mancini, do you still think it was right to get rid?

the only team we should of beat was hull stoke are tough at home a win tonight would of been a brill result a draw aint too bad

blucat599 said:
we're 4th mate, Mancini has now W5 D1 L2
16 points from 8 games how is that so bad,
Because we haven't played one fucking team in the top half under Mancini and we lost to the best of them badly.

Under Hughes we beat Arsenal & Chelsea at home, got a point at Liverpool, Brum & Villa and scored 3 at the swamp to give the rags a real fright.

Soulboy said:
We'd probably play better if we had Rooney in the side... now that would be a team worth supporting!

If it was OUR team, yes. If you think Rooney wouldn't make a difference in blue, you are deluded. Equally as deluded as you were when you thought I wanted united to win, a quote you still haven't managed to prove I said. I like how Ric jumped on your side though, Utterly pafuckingthetic.

Prestwich_Blue said:
blucat599 said:
we're 4th mate, Mancini has now W5 D1 L2
16 points from 8 games how is that so bad,
Because we haven't played one fucking team in the top half under Mancini and we lost to the best of them badly.

Under Hughes we beat Arsenal & Chelsea at home, got a point at Liverpool, Brum & Villa and scored 3 at the swamp to give the rags a real fright.

Any other day and the 4-3 derby could easily have been 7-0 to the rags. If Berbatov was half the player they say he is then he'd have scored a hat trick.

Mancini has played 1 top 4 team at home and beat them, a record as good as old sparky boys.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Any other day and the 4-3 derby could easily have been 7-0 to the rags. If Berbatov was half the player they say he is then he'd have scored a hat trick.

Mancini has played 1 top 4 team at home and beat them, a record as good as old sparky boys.
Big fucking deal. We were lucky to win that night but we couldn't beat Stoke.

agree, the simple fact is that we are beating those teams at home, as opposed to drawing the games. and none of the performances so far have plumbed the depths of the 3-0 at spurs. we have got the points and moved up the board. I think the criticism of his tactics is way off the mark, I found the gameplan tonight easy enough to follow and all the subs made perfect sense to me. We should have won tonight but for a goalkeeping error that knocked the wind out of our sails, and some dire crossing.

A draw at Stoke is a very respectable result, especially with several key players missing, but I know we aren't playing particularly well. I hope our recent poorish performances are because we are a work in progress. The first job was to sort out the defence and give us some shape. I always knew that doing that would cause problems in other areas. that was why I thought Hughes was incompetant. If you don't build your team from the back, get the defence sorted, then the midfield then give the strikers the freedom, at some point, you have to go back to square one.

I think he was shafted by the club not getting in a midfielder. I think he probably doesn't like some of the attacking players here. I love ireland, I think he has an amazing talent, but what the hell is he doing complaining about playing out of position when he's barely done a damn thing all season, it worries me, frankly. swp has been a huge disappointment this year, his crossing and decision making just gets worse, and I thought getting his dad to slate Mancini was cowardly and unprofessional. and petrov had a great month then went back into his shell. Honestly I think they've let him down a bit. I know Hughes was let down by players as well, but they were his players. I really hope Mancini gets this transfer window, I think you'd see a very different style of play if we had some intelligent, classy midfielders.

The jury is still out on Mancini, we're playing ugly but not conceeding as many (the way our defense was going under Hughes we'd probably have to score 6 to manage a draw by this stage) and have moved up the table. As for being out of the cup, remind me of Hughes' record against the rags?

talk about wishing to turn the clock back, cook, marwood and co must know they have dropped a right clanger.

we are dreadful, truly dreadful under mancini, we were very lucky yet again tonight, we will get hammered on sunday, hammered at chelsea should we get to play them.

time will tell how good hughes was.

de niro said:
we are dreadful, truly dreadful under mancini, we were very lucky yet again tonight, we will get hammered on sunday, hammered at chelsea should we get to play them.
is that what you want to happen, the football was dire under Hughes, how about 8 draws
in a row against "crappy" teams like Hull, Burnley etc and we couldn't buy a win away then either, couldn't win at home unless we scored 4 goals !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.