A question to the Hughes Outers

Can't keep blaming Mancini - he uses what he has, the players MH bought

Stoke is a tough ground to go - he played 2 up front but people complain he had 3 defensive midfielders.

Viera is a box to box midfielder slower than he was
Barry can play box to box but Hughes changed him and he has been labelled as a dm
dejong is that a dm stopper.

If we only played 2 of these today we could have been even more over powered. Whe he plays all 3 you can see he sk PV and GB to go a little more forward.
When the went to 10 men Mancini brought on SWP again going for the win - its not the managers fault we let in an absolute gift of a goal.

He wanted to bring in some more midfielders but failed. At least you can see what he is trying to do. if Ireland was playing better we would have more options but he isn't.

TheMightyQuinn said:
de niro said:
at least we got 4 goals, nowadays we dont get 4 corners, when we were drawing those games we were very unlucky, a barmy pen or something. now we are lucky to get anything at all against anybody we play. fact.

We beat Portsmouth 2-0 but yeah Hughes would have gotten us a 4-4 draw. You can keep your goals, I prefer the 3 points.
Actually we won 6-0 under hughes with a poorer squad than we have now against a much stronger Portsmouth team but this is a pointless arguement.

Prestwich_Blue said:
jay_mcfc said:
Hughes was shit and deserved to be sacked.
Yes - beating Arsenal (twice) & Chelsea as well as getting to a semi-final for the first time in 29 years were certainly sacking offences.

Is winning 3 games an championship sides in a cup reason to keep a manager been in a job for 18 months after spending £250m? The amount of gutless defeats under Hughes were endless. He was clueless

Pigeonho said:
This by no means is a 'I want to get your back up' kind of question. Its a genuine question which, in most cases, (depending on the mental age of the poster), should be a one word answer. My question is this. You wanted Hughes gone, fair enough that was your opinion, however based on how we're playing and how we STILL are not beating teams we 'should' be beating, are you still of the mindset that he should have gone? As i say its a genuine question and i'd appreciate genuine answers, not answers off little no-marks like Soulboy who just berate anything against anything Blue. I know you weren't 'Hughes outers, Mancini Inners', therefore Mancini was probably not on your minds, but now you have had your wish and Hughes is gone, we're out of the cup and doing equally as poor in the league under Mancini, do you still think it was right to get rid?

Except for the fact that we are now 4th this would be a fair question....

SalfordCityBlue said:
de niro said:
at least we got 4 goals, nowadays we dont get 4 corners, when we were drawing those games we were very unlucky, a barmy pen or something. now we are lucky to get anything at all against anybody we play. fact.

You are talking absolute bollocks. Fact.

Hughes has gone. Get over it. Mancini's results are better than Hughes. Accept it. We have a massive game on Sunday - this bitterness over Hughes need to be put aside.

Win and we are four points clear with a game in hand. If you don't think we can win do us all a favour and don't go - there is no place for moaning and booing at Eastlands on Sunday.

not only will i go i will boo the moment i see yet another pathetic display from a bewildered set of players trying a system that has no chance of success.i feel for them.
mark my words mid table beckons.

There are an awful lot of City fans on here that are sounding like fuckin Geordies . . . . . . ."as long as we score 3 or 4 goals and play brilliant like, thats all im bothered about".
Results is what will get us where we want to be, hopefully performances come after, but they are a bonus. Know way under Hughes would we have got a point tonight, I agree against Bolton, and Pompey at home, under Hughes we'd probably put on more of a show, and won far more easily and attractivley, but it all boils down to maths.

the footballs shit but 16 points from 24 is far better then the rag twats last 8 games which was 10 from 24

Hughes was supposed to be the manager who would get us playing tough, no nonsense football, defending well and grinding out results in the business end of the season ('everyone knows my teams are always better in the second half of the season', he told us, again and again). Well, he failed on all three counts.

Mancini has come in, taken the team that Hughes built, and succeeded on all three counts.

But the 'Hughes Inners' want his head on a platter because we're not entertaining enough. We are in the top 4 now with a game in hand and doing everything Hughes promised and failed to deliver. If anyone wants entertainment, I suggest they fuck off to the Moscow State Circus.

de niro said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
You are talking absolute bollocks. Fact.

Hughes has gone. Get over it. Mancini's results are better than Hughes. Accept it. We have a massive game on Sunday - this bitterness over Hughes need to be put aside.

Win and we are four points clear with a game in hand. If you don't think we can win do us all a favour and don't go - there is no place for moaning and booing at Eastlands on Sunday.

not only will i go i will boo the moment i see yet another pathetic display from a bewildered set of players trying a system that has no chance of success.i feel for them.
mark my words mid table beckons.

Jesus de niro, i've never seen a more negative post from you. Whats wrong?

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Actually we won 6-0 under hughes with a poorer squad than we have now against a much stronger Portsmouth team but this is a pointless arguement.
but the Hughes inners won't stop, they just won't let him go, he's never coming back except as the manager (perhaps, haven't heard a peep out of him since) of our opponents, give Mancini the same time you gave Hughes to get this squad playing the way he wants them to, with a couple of decent midfield buys in the summer for the right money, we will be transformed next season, especially if we finish in the top 4 at the end of this one !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.