A question to the Hughes Outers

bizzbo said:
A draw at Stoke is a very respectable result, especially with several key players missing,
It certainly could (and should) have been worse.

Draws at Liverpool, Villa & Brum are also respectable yet Hughes got slated on here by the "outers" after those results. The apologists for the match-fixing mafioso will bend every argument and use every excuse to justify themselves, even when those excuses fly in the face of logic.

Again, on this thread we have very vocal former 'Hughes Inners' being extremely quick to write off the new manager and to show no respect for the 'give him time' mantra that was their war cry for their fallen hero.

Including a couple at least who I recall beingdisparaging and insulting towards Mancini before he had even managed a game here (another nice irony given the oft repeated "you won't give him a chance because he is a rag" accusations of old).

So I suppose my question to them is, if you were so prepared to give Hughes time (a stance that is fine, even if I don't agree with it) then how come you are so vociferous with the attacks and running down of Mancini - especially given the disparity in the time that he was here and the time that Hughes was being credited with 'needing more time.'

Was your rabid support for anything Hughes really down to a belief in a manager needed millions and millions and a couple of seasons before he can be judged (in which case why the change now) or was it just a blind belief that Hughes was a quality manager and that Mancini is not (in which case I'd love to see an attempt by you to construct that argument with anything approaching rational evidence)

bizzbo said:
agree, the simple fact is that we are beating those teams at home, as opposed to drawing the games. and none of the performances so far have plumbed the depths of the 3-0 at spurs. we have got the points and moved up the board. I think the criticism of his tactics is way off the mark, I found the gameplan tonight easy enough to follow and all the subs made perfect sense to me. We should have won tonight but for a goalkeeping error that knocked the wind out of our sails, and some dire crossing.

A draw at Stoke is a very respectable result, especially with several key players missing, but I know we aren't playing particularly well. I hope our recent poorish performances are because we are a work in progress. The first job was to sort out the defence and give us some shape. I always knew that doing that would cause problems in other areas. that was why I thought Hughes was incompetant. If you don't build your team from the back, get the defence sorted, then the midfield then give the strikers the freedom, at some point, you have to go back to square one.

I think he was shafted by the club not getting in a midfielder. I think he probably doesn't like some of the attacking players here. I love ireland, I think he has an amazing talent, but what the hell is he doing complaining about playing out of position when he's barely done a damn thing all season, it worries me, frankly. swp has been a huge disappointment this year, his crossing and decision making just gets worse, and I thought getting his dad to slate Mancini was cowardly and unprofessional. and petrov had a great month then went back into his shell. Honestly I think they've let him down a bit. I know Hughes was let down by players as well, but they were his players. I really hope Mancini gets this transfer window, I think you'd see a very different style of play if we had some intelligent, classy midfielders.

That is a very real statement of where we are and I agree with the positive future when Mancini is allowed to get his style/ type of players in.
Would MH have done any better given the injuries, AOC, compasionate leave etc....I personally dont think he would.

blucat599 said:
de niro said:
we are dreadful, truly dreadful under mancini, we were very lucky yet again tonight, we will get hammered on sunday, hammered at chelsea should we get to play them.
is that what you want to happen, the football was dire under Hughes, how about 8 draws
in a row against "crappy" teams like Hull, Burnley etc and we couldn't buy a win away then either, couldn't win at home unless we scored 4 goals !

at least we got 4 goals, nowadays we dont get 4 corners, when we were drawing those games we were very unlucky, a barmy pen or something. now we are lucky to get anything at all against anybody we play. fact.

Oh, and in answer to the original question, the board could have appointed Glenn Roeder and it would not have changed my belief that it was correct and beneficial for Hughes to go. The identity of the next manager had nothing to do with that belief.

However, I am quite happy with the appointment of Mancini and whilst not massively impressed by all of his decisions I am quite happy to give him more than two months working with a squad containing all the faults that were the downfall of the previous manager and still attempting to break the previously rock solid top four before I start to consider that he isn't up to it.

de niro said:
blucat599 said:
is that what you want to happen, the football was dire under Hughes, how about 8 draws
in a row against "crappy" teams like Hull, Burnley etc and we couldn't buy a win away then either, couldn't win at home unless we scored 4 goals !

at least we got 4 goals, nowadays we dont get 4 corners, when we were drawing those games we were very unlucky, a barmy pen or something. now we are lucky to get anything at all against anybody we play. fact.

We beat Portsmouth 2-0 but yeah Hughes would have gotten us a 4-4 draw. You can keep your goals, I prefer the 3 points.

Hughes was shit and deserved to be sacked. Mancini might prove to be shit too but it doesn't mean Hughes was the right man.

de niro said:

You are talking absolute bollocks. Fact.

Hughes has gone. Get over it. Mancini's results are better than Hughes. Accept it. We have a massive game on Sunday - this bitterness over Hughes need to be put aside.

Win and we are four points clear with a game in hand. If you don't think we can win do us all a favour and don't go - there is no place for moaning and booing at Eastlands on Sunday.

de niro said:
blucat599 said:

Drawing 8 games in a row unlucky? thats 8x8x3 thats a 192/1 which is a long shot ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.