A question to the Hughes Outers

Immaculate Pasta said:
de niro said:
post of the year.

So you expect all that in 60 days under a new management?

Let's cast our minds back to Hughes first 60 days in charge...

Beaten at Villa opening game of the season by 4-2... knocked out of the Carling Cup at third division strugglers Brighton... home defeat to the rags... home defeat to Chelsea... lost at Wigan...

And that after he'd spent the thick end of £70m.

But it wasn't HIS team, so we were patient...

Really?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Pigeonho said:
At home?!! Well i wouldn't play THREE defensive medfielders at any point during a game against a team who were basically there to be savaged.

Who are the three defensive midfielders though? We only have one as far as i am aware in De Jong.
Barry and Vieira seem incapable of attacking with any meaning for the majority of our games at the moment. I like Barry but think he's not at his best at the moment (had a much better game tonight however, but was still ineffective going forward for most of the game)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Why does everyone keep bringing up this "only 2 defeats" nonsense. If Hughes had only lost two and won the majority of the rest then he wouldn't have been sacked. It was the fact that he only lost 2 and drew the majority with gutless, clueless displays that got him sacked.

I'm sure this place at times would prefer a record of 7 draws out of 7 than 3 wins and 4 defeats out of 7.
I highlighted that because this idiot talked about the endless, gutless defeats under Hughes. You will find that I actually doubted Hughes' ability to take us into the top 4 so I'm definitely not a die-hard Hughes inner. But even the best managers don't win all their games and I get fed up of people telling me that what I'm watching now is somehow much better than the games I watched under Hughes this season.

It's no better or worse, the difference is one man spent £200m on his team and didn't get the required results and the other man is getting the required results with a side he wouldn't touch if they became availble.

Some people are judging and jumping the gun on Mancini after 60 days with another managers team even though he is getting the results. All because they don't like the way we are playing. They will have a point if 18 months - 2 years down the line it is still like this after his has built and picked a side he wants, but at the minute? Just give the whole thing time.

The football of late is pretty much similar to what we had under Hughes but considering 95% of the team was created by hughes thats not suprising, the last thing City fans want to do now is get on Mancini's back, we need a stable manager with time to build his own team, I wasn't one for Hughes to be going truth be told as I'd have let him see the season out and then see how we faired but considering the series of events that happened i December, Mancini gets my backing 110% as does every City manager.

Tonights performance was dire there's no escaping from that and Stoke to be fair were robbed at the end but its the performance of some City players that really get my goat up, they seem content just going through the motions and picking up a healthy pay packet at the end of the month rather than sweating blood to wear that blue shirt, for as much as i hate the rags you can't knock their commitment once they put that red shirt on, thats what we have to strive for , we can buy the best players in the world but until they start showing a bit of passion we are just going around in circles.

That has to come from the manager and one of the reasons i was glad to see the back of Sven who used to just sit there not batting an eyelid no matter what was going on out on the pitch, Hughe's had it Blackburn when he used rant and rave on the touchline with his tracky on but as soon as he came to City he got suited and booted and took the same back seat, Mancinci seems to be getting more passionate as the games go by and it was good to see him down the refs ear at half time and losing it a bit when he saw us fcuk up against 10 men.

The Jurys's out as far as i'm concerened with mancini as this is not his team but i'd like to believe once he starts bringing in his own players we will see a turn around in commitment, Vierra may not be the player he once was and got slated tonight but at least he's trying and willing to stick the boot in for the cause, ok he probably should have got sent off but thats mainly because he's off the pace but i'm pretty sure once he's on it he will start to rub off on other players hopefully.
The good thing is that a player of Vierra's stature has utmost respect for Mancini and was one of the main reason's he was brought in i reckon to teach some of the prima donna's we allready have that have won fcuk all what it is to have commitment and respect for the manager and club.

From what i see mancicni is trying to consolidate what he has allready got, i.e 4th place with our games in hand, hence the use of so many defensive players, if he manages to achieve that then i think we will see quite a turn around in the summer and by the end of next season we'll see what Mancini is all about.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
De Niro, what other way do you expect us to play when our centre midfielders are Barry, De Jong, Vieria and Ireland?
But why play three central midfielders against a side who don't play through the centre of midfield? It makes no sense. I know Barry pushed out Left and Johnson went out right quite often but it still left Viera and De Jong in the centre and very little going forward from anywhere. No crosses coming in for almost all of the game and three players in the middle doing very little offensively. I think the result was excellent, no miraculous for the performance we put in. I don't think you can blame the players though, we have absolutely no shape whatsoever.

I would say that our defence is not/ hasnt been good enough and to be fair I cant remember brilliant crosses coming in under MH

Bob is playing the italian way in the english premier do not concede and we get a point.
I struggle with some of his team selections and he needs to pick his best 11 and give them a 5-6 game run together they still look a bit like strangers on the park.

de niro said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
So you expect all that in 60 days under a new management?

Really?

yes, otherwise why make a change?

hughes had hit a brick wall, now so has bob, both good in their own right but at least hughes tried to score a goal now and again.
what puzzles me is again in the crowd tonight eveyone could see it was'nt working, why can't bob.

Before i carry on, are you on a windup deniro as i can't beleive you are coming out with these sorts of comments. It's not like you, normally you are level headed and realistic and your comments recently are anything but.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Pigeonho said:
At home?!! Well i wouldn't play THREE defensive medfielders at any point during a game against a team who were basically there to be savaged.

Who are the three defensive midfielders though? We only have one as far as i am aware in De Jong.

Barry and De Jong are considered as holding midfielders, ok Vieira maybe more box to box, but definitely holding. Against Portsmouth we had no need to play them all at any one point during the match. We showed little creativity and lacked any kind of breaking down of Pompey, and whilst we got the points, we didn't 'do' them like we did under Hughes, and Portsmouth were a far better team then and we didn't have last summers investment. Yeah that may be a daft arguement considering the draws we had under Hughes, but its also a fact too. People wanted Hughes out because we were not beating the teams we should or putting on the performances people thought we chould be putting in, given the squad. Whilst we may be gathering points, we aren't doing it very convincingly, and some would say we should have gone to Hull and won. Not me, I think we are making good progress, but my point is people wanted Hughes out so we would progress, well i don't think we have progressed any further than we could have under Hughes. Noone knows what results he would have got with Mancini's fixtures, perhaps he would have bettered them, maybe not. People wanted him gone though and he's gone, but we are not doing that mcuh better so are they now wanting Mancini out too, or does he get different treatment? It just seemed to me, at the time, that people didn't like Hughes no matter what he did.

Immaculate Pasta said:
de niro said:
yes, otherwise why make a change?

hughes had hit a brick wall, now so has bob, both good in their own right but at least hughes tried to score a goal now and again.
what puzzles me is again in the crowd tonight eveyone could see it was'nt working, why can't bob.

Before i carry on, are you on a windup deniro as i can't beleive you are coming out with these sorts of comments. It's not like you, normally you are level headed and realistic and your comments recently are anything but.

Probley just got back from Stoke having watched that. I feel the same atm will probley calm down after a good sleep. Sunday is massive now.

Mancini was getting alot of abuse from fans after the game when he was walking into tunnel.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
De Niro, what other way do you expect us to play when our centre midfielders are Barry, De Jong, Vieria and Ireland?
But why play three central midfielders against a side who don't play through the centre of midfield? It makes no sense. I know Barry pushed out Left and Johnson went out right quite often but it still left Viera and De Jong in the centre and very little going forward from anywhere. No crosses coming in for almost all of the game and three players in the middle doing very little offensively. I think the result was excellent, no miraculous for the performance we put in. I don't think you can blame the players though, we have absolutely no shape whatsoever.

You'd be suprised at how often the ball went through the centre tonight, especially with Etherington out. Lawrence and Delap were on the wings and Lawrence was so quiet i didn't realise he went off and the only time Delap went on the wing was to do his stupid throw ins.

The rags and Chelsea play three central midfielders and it always works. They don't have someone like De Jong in their ranks though who is making us look like we play with 10 men.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.