A question to the Hughes Outers

Kazzydeyna said:
Some knobs on here are claiming we've been lucky to win games under Mancini. Maybe. But we were definitely lucky against Bolton,burnley and hull under Hughes.
Cheers for calling me a knob and then agreeing with me! Oh and BTW we were unlucky against Burnley and VERY unlucky against Hull not lucky!

Fuzzmaster. We can argue wether we've been unlucky or not. Personally I think we were lucky not to lose against hull at home under Hughes. You
seem to disagree (if I'm Reading you right). Fair enough.

But what would you prefer. 4th with game in hand or heading
to mid table. ?

Kazzydeyna said:
Fuzzmaster. We can argue wether we've been unlucky or not. Personally I think we were lucky not to lose against hull at home under Hughes. You

to mid table. ?

By the end of the coming weekend, the chances are we will be heading towards mid-table.

It looks great on paper at the moment but only the blind cannot see that we are deficient in a multitude of departments and that Liverpool, Villa and Spurs look stronger in nearly all areas of the park.

I dont think you can even compare the two of them yet. Hughes have 18 months and all the players were bought to play according to whatever tactics he deem fit. IMO, of the 200 millions spent, hughes have overpaid 100 mil for the players we got.

Kazzydeyna said:

to mid table. ?
Stop trying to re-write history it weakens your arguement. We were never heading towards mid table under Hughes and I hope we aren't now. Hughes was struggling absolutely but so is Mancini. I'm not saying one is better than the other. They're both having a bad time. I just think we're getting results we don't deserve at the moment just like I don't think we deserved the run of draws under Hughes. We were the better team against Dippers and Villa but got good draws in the end. The three home draws in the middle of that run of 8 was where we really were unlucky Fulham, Burnley and Hull. Simple as that. They should have been wins and on another day probably would have been. Just a bad run of form that's all. We weren't dreadful at any point (except Brum away, I will accept that we were woeful that day). We are dreadful at the moment though but pulling off miraculous wins/draws against the odds. I hope we can keep it up because I see no signs that our performances are going to get any better.

"we were never heading to mid table under Hughes"

we finished 10th last season and when the master was sacked we had just returned 11pts from 27. You may be correct. We MAY have been heading to the bottom half.

I'll ask again. What would you rather have. 4th with GIH and second best form team in lge or 11 from 27 having played such luminaries as hull (where bullard ran much of the game), burnley (went behind 2-0 and
this game is their only away point all season) and Bolton (how many times did we scramble back into thY game?)

for the first time in YEARS under Mancini we no longer (automatically) lose games against physically intimidating sides.

Where would you rather be? (were you this impatient with Hughes after 2 months in charge?)

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Just a bad run of form that's all. We weren't dreadful at any point (except Brum away, I will accept that we were woeful that day). We are dreadful at the moment though but pulling off miraculous wins/draws against the odds. I hope we can keep it up because I see no signs that our performances are going to get any better.
Have you thought that, although our form is not great now, we are STILL getting results,
Mancini has won all 4 of his home games in the League, O.K. the away record of 1 win 1 draw and 2 defeats is not great, but remember Hughsie had only won 1 away game at the point of his departure in December. Also you did not mention the bloody good hammering Tottenham gave us in the "master's" penultimate game, it was quite the worst City performance i can remember and we got absolutely hammered, your own history of events is not as accurate as you say!

Immaculate Pasta said:
Shooter 83 said:
Not on row 11. Loads of abuse as the game went on and on.

So just a few dickheads then? if there were "loads" of abuse i surely would of been able to hear it a mere 8 rows down.

No, you wouldnt have it wasnt a song. Alot of people shouting stuff a different times around the middle of the middle blocks.

Kazzydeyna said:

to mid table. ?

How the fuck could we be unlucky not to lose against a side that didn't have a shot & were awarded a dodgy penalty in the 89th minute? Fair enough you don't like Hughes & prefer Mancini but claiming crap like that just to make a point is completely fucking ridiculous. You might as well claim we were unlucky to lose to Everton while you're at it.

I wish people would stop trying to change history, just to get their own point of view across. We weren't mid table at all when Hughes was sacked, we had a so so victory v Sunderland, shit performance v Spurs, a Mancini level performance away v Bolton & two performances v Arsenal & Chelsea that are on a different planet to anything we've produced since. How in God's name is that any worse than losing to Everton & Hull & drawing twice with Stoke? Is beating Portmouth, Bolton, Blackburn & Wolves really so fucking mind blowingly brilliant or so much of an advancement?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.