A reply to Mancini's MEN advert in La Gazzetta Dello Sport

hgblue said:
Davs 19 said:
[quote="gordondaviesmoustache"]I'm struggling to see how any City fan who understands the history (and by that I mean actual history, rather than 'istree) of this club and what tearing that banner down meant, can take any issue whatsoever with that advert.

It's sad when people follow a club but can't see beneath the thin veneer of superficial statistics. Every club has a soul and Roberto Mancini, like Joe Mercer, will be forever interwoven into ours.

Says it all for me. Shame that a minority on here are turning into another pro/anti Mancini thread.

Those who don't believe an advert in a newspaper is appropriate are ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. Just as those who believed Mancini should be sacked were ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. They should be able to voice their opinion without being insulted. Not a difficult concept to grasp.[/quote]

But not in this thread. Why do attention seekers like you try and force your opinion on others in a thread which is simply about saying ' thank you' to Mancini for his achievements whilst at the club? There are plenty of more appropriate threads on this forum to air your views but no - you have to try and hijack this specific one.
Pathetic. You really are.

TGR said:
hgblue said:
Davs 19 said:
[quote="gordondaviesmoustache"]I'm struggling to see how any City fan who understands the history (and by that I mean actual history, rather than 'istree) of this club and what tearing that banner down meant, can take any issue whatsoever with that advert.

It's sad when people follow a club but can't see beneath the thin veneer of superficial statistics. Every club has a soul and Roberto Mancini, like Joe Mercer, will be forever interwoven into ours.

Says it all for me. Shame that a minority on here are turning into another pro/anti Mancini thread.

Those who don't believe an advert in a newspaper is appropriate are ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. Just as those who believed Mancini should be sacked were ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. They should be able to voice their opinion without being insulted. Not a difficult concept to grasp.

But not in this thread. Why do attention seekers like you try and force your opinion on others in a thread which is simply about saying ' thank you' to Mancini for his achievements whilst at the club? There are plenty of more appropriate threads on this forum to air your views but no - you have to try and hijack this specific one.
Pathetic. You really are.[/quote]

Excellent and very true

Nice gesture by those that put in money. I didn't but I did sing his name at Reading and it is quite clear from his kids' tweets that he was aware that supporters did that so that was enough for me.

Let's not fall out over this.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm struggling to see how any City fan who understands the history (and by that I mean actual history, rather than 'istree) of this club and what tearing that banner down meant, can take any issue whatsoever with that advert.

this and only this is without a shadow of doubt,the best post I`ve seen on here....
true,straight to the point and from the heart.....
sir..i applaud you.....

All we are trying to do is say thankyou because he 'gave some of us' our best moments in football. It's not difficult. it's a good and very positive thing to do. You shouldn't bring paranoia into the equation. He said thankyou.... we say thankyou. See it's easy isn't. No need for a debate here. There's plenty other threads for that.

That would be up to each individual.
Regarding the original thread 700 plus fans myself included felt it an appropriate gesture to thank RM, for what ever reason, we have not said we agreed with everything he has done, he has given me happy memories after supporting city for well over 60 years there aren't that many. I might actually agree in part with some of the statement made, but, not here not now lets not spoil all the hard work. put in by the people who got this off the ground.

fishwick said:
That would be up to each individual.
Regarding the original thread 700 plus fans myself included felt it an appropriate gesture to thank RM, for what ever reason, we have not said we agreed with everything he has done, he has given me happy memories after supporting city for well over 60 years there aren't that many. I might actually agree in part with some of the statement made, but, not here not now lets not spoil all the hard work. put in by the people who got this off the ground.

Post of the day. Bang on.

I've just wasted 15 mins of my life stripping the thread back of all the shit it contained.

Can we please keep on topic with the thread and it's intentions, there's plenty of other threads to slag him on, but not this one.

With Thanks!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm struggling to see how any City fan who understands the history (and by that I mean actual history, rather than 'istree) of this club and what tearing that banner down meant, can take any issue whatsoever with that advert.

Thanks for posting that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.