A reply to Mancini's MEN advert in La Gazzetta Dello Sport

Fantastic work from Adam and all contributors, can't wait to see the ad!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXewzKb92A4[/youtube]

Grazie Mancini.

stonerblue said:
levets said:
willy eckerslike said:
Well done PrestwichBlue and all those who contributed.

For those that poo-poo'd the idea ...

Black%20Ops%202%20Article%2002.jpg

Why has this picture been doctored. The Boston Red Sox badge is incorrect. This picture is about 10yrs old and the kid was wearing a Feyenoord shirt originally

wasn't that a Sunderland game at end of the season a few years back. There was also a little Leeds fan bawling that captured the nations heart

No... definitely Feyenoord V Dortmund

NipHolmes said:
My £10 was a drop in the blue ocean haha. £7000 in 4 days, wow. Well done BM.

This is Bluemoons doing is this, the forum should be congratulated for proper fanship. Don't see **** doing this for Ferguson do you?Well done Adam, look forward to seeing this in the paper via the scanned image.

your right Nip, this probably because Paypal charge individuals a large fee to transfer money from different currancies, and the MUEN are willing to pay for it on there own anyhow

prestwichblue92 said:
GRAZIE MANCINI FUND IS COMPLETE!

In just 4 days, we have raised over £7000 from over 700 individual donations. We did it.
Every single donation has been from everyday City fans and not one from any of our Celebrity support!

The advert will be 2/3rds of a page thanks to @tancredipalmeri and all at Gazzetta's willingness to negotiate and will be in the paper this weekend. I will hopefully confirm later today that this will be Saturday's edition.

Incredibly, as donations continue to pour in, I am in the position to give every penny over the advert fee to a local Manchester charity, so more people benefit from this idea.

Thank you to everyone who has donated/supported/publicised this, it just shows what fans can do when they pull together, very proud to be a blue at times like these.

Turns out we really do things differently here.

Well Done Adam :)

Just a thought.

Perhaps the spare donations, if there are any, could be donated to the Oaklahoma hurricane disaster appeal, if there is one? If an other charity/appeal has already been picked here in the UK, then fair enough.

jrb said:
Just a thought.

Perhaps the spare donations, if there are any, could be donated to the Oaklahoma hurricane disaster appeal, if there is one? If an other charity/appeal has already been picked here in the UK, then fair enough.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kxan.com/dpp/weather/us_wx_news/No-new-funds-needed-for-Okla-tornado-recovery_01640266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kxan.com/dpp/weather/us_wx_n ... y_01640266</a>

No new funds needed for Okla. tornado recovery

Updated: Thursday, 23 May 2013, 6:20 AM CDT
Published : Thursday, 23 May 2013, 6:15 AM CDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — Top lawmakers and officials said Tuesday that the federal government has plenty of money on hand to pay for recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating tornado that struck Oklahoma.

The government has more than $11 billion in its main disaster relief fund. Recovery costs in the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore are expected to be a relatively small fraction of that amount. The devastating 2011 tornado that wiped out much of Joplin, Mo., for instance, required about $750 million in federal disaster aid.

Top lawmakers on Capitol Hill agreed that there's no immediate need for additional disaster aid.

"We'll do what we have to do, but we have a pretty hefty amount of money in the disaster relief fund," said House Appropriations Committee Chairman Harold Rogers, R-Ky. "We're not faced with an immediate need for a supplemental," agreed Rep. David Price, D-N.C., top Democrat on the Appropriations Homeland Security Subcommittee.

Nonetheless, some news outlets and those on social networks like Twitter rushed to speculate that Oklahoma politicians would face political problems in obtaining aid for their state — or accusations of hypocrisy for seeking such aid after voting against legislation in January to help Democratic-leaning Eastern states recover from Superstorm Sandy.

Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., for instance, was quoted as saying he thought any aid for Oklahoma should be financed with cuts elsewhere in the budget. He and most other Oklahoma Republicans voted against January's disaster relief bill, though Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., whose home is very close to the Oklahoma disaster site, voted for it.

Spokesman John Hart says it's a position Coburn has consistently held regarding federal spending on disasters dating to the 1995 bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City.

A House panel is slated Wednesday to approve a homeland security funding bill making a routine $6.2 billion infusion into the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Disaster Relief Fund, which finances immediate recovery efforts like debris removal and temporary housing for people displaced by the storm.

Reforms put in place in 2011 gave FEMA a more predictable stream of disaster aid and the agency got additional funding from two Sandy relief bills in December and January. The relatively large FEMA balance likely means that Republicans will be spared from an internal battle over whether further aid needs to be "paid for" with cuts elsewhere in the federal budget.

Later, the government money is likely to help rebuild two schools and the city's hospital, along with other public infrastructure damaged by the tornado.

Looks like they've got it covered....but a good thought nonetheless

All-in-all, not something that I ever agreed with doing, but a remarkable job done by Adam, Tancredi, Gazzetta and everyone else involved (be it Bluemoon or elsewhere).

At the very least - and regardless of how needy I consider it - it will skyrocket the good profile of the club and the image of the club & it's fans abroad (although a born & bred Manc, I have lived for 6 years in France & now for over 7 in Germany, and it may lead to people giving the club & it's fans a fairer 'sheikh' when it comes to the 'you've only had supporters since you got money' debate*)....

Again, excellent work.

*To which I always trot out the Trautmann story, the fact that we have the largest English crowd for a game outside of Wembley, our average attendance whilst in the 3rd tier & the fact that I have been a match-going blue since '85. LOL.

The charity, should we have any spare money will remain local, I'm afraid.
I say afraid, it'll be a pleasure to help local charities.
I will put forward that we will donate to Jumpspace and Christies equally, but that depends how much we are left with.

Thanks for your appreciation blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.