A sense of perspective

Another Great Season, After the biggest and best season of our lives last season (The Treble) we all could be forgiven if we had a season of gloom and struggles, But City won the Super Cup and then the World Club trophy, Then we went on a fantastic run and won a 4th title in a row.

I know we have just lost the FA Cup and it hurts, But knowing our owners we are already well and truly into next season's plans and there will be major changes in players in and out,

It's the right time for some of our big main players to leave and go to a new club with our blessings, It's never nice to see them leave but the time is right to go and enjoy football at a different level,

I am brave enough to name them.. KDB Walker Stones Silva and the Squad players Nunes Gomes Phillips
The Big 4 players have given everything and more over the years and impossible to ask them to be just bench warmers and bit-part players, Let them leave with full honours right at the top..

The fact this thread has to exist sums up football fans on the internet. If you can’t relish this team and what they’ve achieved over a one off cup final then football isn’t for you.
The first half was shite but there could have been a lot worse end to the season.

Last edited:
We didnt exactly face Real Madrid today, we faced a team that gets outplayed by more or less every opponent they face. Who cares about possession if it doesnt give you more goal scoring chances than the opposition? We did not only lose on the field, we even lost on xG (aka it was not just a fluke result) against a team that is utterly useless and no mental gymnastic will turn that into anything but a really poor performance.

I can be happy with the bigger picture and our incredible 4peat and also very disappointed with our performance today. One does not exclude the other. I dont understand the logic that we should be happy with todays performance because we won the league.
Nobody is happy with the result or the performance (first half) but you need to let go and embrace what our club as done to this point.
I for 1 will be celebrating it tomorrow night after what we achieved.
Maybe you didn't travel up and down the country in the 2nd Division, but I fucking did

Another Great Season, After the biggest and best season of our lives last season (The Treble) we all could be forgiven if we had a season of gloom and struggles, But City won the Super Cup and then the World Club trophy, Then we went on a fantastic run and won a 4th title in a row.

I know we have just lost the FA Cup and it hurts, But knowing our owners we are already well and truly into next season's plans and there will be major changes in players in and out,

It's the right time for some of our big main players to leave and go to a new club with our blessings, It's never nice to see them leave but the time is right to go and enjoy football at a different level,

I am brave enough to name them.. KDB Walker Stones Silva and the Squad players Nunes Gomes Phillips
The Big 4 players have given everything and more over the years and impossible to ask them to be just bench warmers and bit-part players, Let them leave with full honours right at the top..
Agree with all this except KDB, he should be able to retire here.

Anything can happen in a cup final. Ultimately you can't win them all and whilst we should be battering them every time we play them, this has been all they've had in their calendar for months. Frustrating but if we were going to lose to them, I'm glad it was this year and not last!

Pep got it wrong today, that setup is what they've played in the past few games and he should have added width from the start and picked Akanji. It wasn't the right game to condense the midfield and throw Stones back in.

But let's be honest, these days don't happen very often and particularly not in finals. We've lost 2 finals now under Pep and won the rest.

Big summer and time to go again.
They'd clearly wrapped a few up in cotton wool fresh for this one..where did that fucking groping dwarf suddenly appear from?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.