A simple question - who do you think will win the league?

I think United will win it and we will finish a close second which would still be considered progress on last seasons third placed finish. I think I'm right in saying that no team has ever finished outside the top two and won the Premier League the following season. The gap from third to first is huge.

The season kind of starts now with the Champions League starting this week. We must not underestimate the commands Champions League football will have on the squad bearing in mind we play away from home after each of our group games.

I think we will be fully equipped to win the league next season.

really do fancy us even though its early days just feel were a stronger squad than ushited on current form for me only wooney and maybe young would get into our starting eleven, its time for blues to be positive.

how many city players would get in the scum 1st eleven!! if whiskynose was bein honest ide say 6 or 7.

I think we will get 2nd but we will play astounding football and lay a benchmark for ourselves to improve on..when we improve on this the rest had better keep up...

Win ALL home games.
Win the winnable away games.
Take points away from closest rivals.

Vindaloo ala pyrex....as the French say.

I'll tell you when it finishes! My guess is whoever finishes above City.

I think there are only 3 teams in it - Us, tw*ts and Chelsea. All 3 will finish 15 points clear of 4th. I thought that before the season and nothings changed. Let's see how we go on when the CL starts and we have to go to Stretford and Chelsea after CL games. That will tell us whether we have a chance.

Think we have a real chance but agree with the boss that we can improve and need to (pinching myself at this point). Lacked a real ball winner against Wigan (although Milner and Yaya were excellent) and needed to put away more chances which might easily have happened on another day, we were mightily impressive but feel that the team is still gelling - frightening!!

It does sem that United and City have had quite different pre season training regimes. United were much sharper than us for the CS and look extremely sharp now. They've clearly aimed to start the season with a bang.

When we played them in the CS we looked like the players had just returned from a 10 mile run. We've been sharper in the opening matches but I dont get the impression that we're yet at peak fitness. It looks like we've trained for the long haul, as we did last year.

I think we could well be physically stronger than them towards the end of the season. And for all the talk about their youngsters, they've still got a few aging players in their squad.

So if we're in contention with them at Christams I'd be reasonably confident that we could overtake them late on.

Our challenge will be how we cope with the inevitable defeats and the competing demands of PL and CL. Those 6 away matches after CL games including trips to United, Liverpool and Chelsea will be a real test.

I still think they're favourites but not by as much as after the CS. And its too early to rule out Chelsea.

redscum will win it. a bit more ruthless and they know how to win titles.

we will entertain everyone in the league this season and finish a close second. teams seem to just roll over when they play united but we have to play teams off the park in order to win.

I think we will win it. Yes they have the experience but we have a better squad who will only get better the more we play together, and let's be honest we are frighteningly good already.

Teams now *dread* coming to the Etihad, much as the have felt about going to the swamp in previous years. So I think we will win nearly all our home games and most of our away games against clubs 15 to 20. And we've had the beating of Arsenal and Chelsea for a while already. Add Everton to the list (bloody Everton) and also Spurs and I think we will win it, no matter whether we beat the rags or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.