A smell and a sound that remind you of Maine Road...

Kids asking 'mind ur car' (even though I got the bus!) I always said "Don't you fcuking dare touch my BMW" pointing at a random car parked up. lol

retro chants:

Beat him on the Ed With a Baseball bat oh Yeah Oh Yeah

Bring On The Dustbin!

My mate and I tried to get the second one going last season for a laff and basically got looked at like we were mentalists

Brendan110_0 said:
Kids asking 'mind ur car' (even though I got the bus!) I always said "Don't you fcuking dare touch my BMW" pointing at a random car parked up. lol
ha ha---I remember during a freezing winter myself and my dad,as allways was asked that.And as of every home game Dad dug deep and dropped them a few coins.This day however fans with posh cars nearby/next to, were telling the kids to "go away".It was an evening game and when we came back the kids had put warm cloths on dads windows.He dropped them a few more coppers.Funny as f?ck watching these posh gits scrapeing their windows.

dog shit + piss in those side alleys

horse shit as you got to the ground

cigarettes + that "just printed" chemical smell of a new programme inside the ground

Sound: the grating + "clacking" of those turnstiles as you came in

Sight: the green of the pitch coming into view as you walked down from the gloom + blackness at the back of the Platt Lane stand

Scooby Blue said:

cigarettes + that "just printed" chemical smell of a new programme inside the ground

Sight: the green of the pitch coming into view as you walked down from the gloom + blackness at the back of the Platt Lane stand

I'm filling up here...just so evocative...

Scooby Blue said:

Lol!

And the little blue AC invalid carriages in the corners of the running track.

The smell of hot Bovril at half time...

Big Mal coming out in his Sheepskin and Fedora waving to the crowd......

A smell: Half-time maxipak of crisps (Benson's, I think?) that were saltier than the Dead Sea
A sound: Mad woman in H Block who used to shout 'C'mon City' in a very, very loud falsetto

This thread has given me goosbumps

I was 16 when we left maine road and had a season ticket in the main stand with my dad & grandad since I was about 6/7.

At the end of that final game against Southampton my dad cried and at the time i thought "what the fuck is he crying for?" but now I realise, despite all the success we are no doubt going to experience shortly I do miss the place. I wouldnt swap where we are now for the world but sometimes on the way to COMS I think I would love to be watchin the blue shirted heroes at Maine Road again. A proper football Ground.

oh & by the way...
Smell: Piss
Sound: UWE UWE ROSLER!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.