A song to counter "where were you, when you were sh*t."

"We were in bed with your Wife!"

Come on, that's got to be the best comeback yet!"

Get it going as we know Newcastle will sing their fav song to us.

Re: A song to counter

weeman19_89 said:
Don't get wound up about it. We know we were here and so does any knowledgable football fan.
Those that chant it need to look at the facts. I'd love to see some of their stadiums if they went that low in the football league.

30,000 plus in Division 2.

30,478 turned out for City's next home game after we had fallen to 12th in the 3rd tier. And they ask, "Where were you when you were shit?"
Yes mate I remember being in division 2 alright. I didn't have a S/C at the time and it was hard to get a match day ticket back then.
However, we didn't always turn up when we were truly shit. I remember going to a league game in '88 v Brighton(won 2-1) and there were only 16,033 there. I was at the northstand end of the Kippax only five minutes to KO and I thought I would walk towards the Platt lane end. It was so eerily empty that I walked In a straight line without bumping into anyone!

Those were dark days back then

The most honest and obvious retort to this choral jibe is for us simply to tell the truth!!

"Sitting here, sittng here, sitting here when we were shit...sitting here when we were shit"

m7mcfc said:
"Supporting a team in Blue at Maine Road"
"A Team in blue at Maine Road"
"Supporting a team in Blue at Maine Road"

Followed by

" You'll always be shit"
" You'll always be shit"
" Face up to it you'll always be shit"

absolutely love the second paragraph

A chorus of singing in the rain. In homage to the Gene Kelly stand. Not only did we have attendances when we were totally shit. We built temporary stands for more idiot to watch in.

We sat overlooking the Gene Kelly to our left in the Kippax upper. Those loveable souls would be singing, 'singing in the rain' in their ponchos...

Simply reply with,

We were singing in the rain, singing in the rain,
Stood in the Gene Kelly, singing in the rain...

Heres my input

" 34,ooo in Div 2
We were here
where were you "

to the tune of United singing and i dont know why, cos after the match ur gonna die

ctid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.