A song to counter "where were you, when you were sh*t."

For years i wanted someone to sing this to us and i laugh when they do. When it finally happened I took it that we had arrived!

On a side issue- the rags average attendance in 1992-93 when they won the 'first' Premier League averaged 35,573 with the lowest of the season against Villa at just 29,726 (Lower than many of our games in the third tier!). Ok, building work was going on at the swamp but i cannot for the life of me remember 40,000 locked out for any of their games. Where were they when Giggs could run?

Anyway, i think most away fans respect the loyalty of city supporters and i thought the 'where were you...' song was tongue in cheek- rightly or wrongly!

Flat as a pancake this one. Got no basis whatsoever in reality which is why no-one laughs, not even the glue-sniffing gong-farmers that bother to open their gullets and give it out. Reeks of displacement actually. Ought to have a gander at attendances after we moved to the Etihad as well, as that is hardly the stuff of plasticity...pulling those numbers after the post-Ricky Villa car crash years is top top top top top top, er, top.

I appreciate them laying their fears before us all, and thank them for their own honest self-judgment when they sing this: it is a judgment I concur in.

We had more fans than you
Back in division 2
We had more fans than you
Back in division 2
Repeat

The club programme could feature a fan per match who still has their 98/99 season ticket book with application form F (11 hour Queue for a final ticket) missing. We still have our 2.

Very few fans will actually realise the depth of our support. For several seasons we bought our season tickets in February without a clue which division we would be in. To build the Kippax we even bought 2 seasons in advance. A song to reflect this dedication does not really exist but could be composed by a creative one! (As opposed to the chosen One!" It could also point to the record attendances for home clubs hosting us in the old third division where several sold us 3 sides of the ground. ( 1-0 etc in your cup final)) Lots of material to construct a historical song to rival " We went to Rotherham - we won 2-0 and we were back etc. This could become the city legend if constructed accurately and properly. In here and on City voice we could outline the key features to be included and then leave it to Blues with talent to come up with the goods - both verbally and graphically. Hence the birth of a new tradition based around our history and realistic appreciation of football based around our historical understanding.

trying to buy tickets for any games home or away, as they always sold out no matter where we played or when

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.