A song to counter "where were you, when you were sh*t."

bluemoon risin' said:
Really winds me up when I hear the chant "where were you, when you were shit" sung almost every home game.

Here's a reply to that...

"Que sera sera, whatever be will will be, You'll drive past Wemberley, but that's all you'll see! "
I sing back to fans of clubs who get like 20-odd-000 who sing "where we you..."; "we got more than you get now, WE...GOT...MORE...THAN...YOU...GET...NOW!" to the same tune. One bloke at Stoke looked at me, raised his eyebrows and nodded in agreement as if to say "fair enough, maybe I shouldn't be singing that.

The thing is as well, if you don't like opposition fans singing shit at us, maybe the football isn't for you!

KippaxCitizen said:
bluemoon risin' said:
Really winds me up when I hear the chant "where were you, when you were shit" sung almost every home game.

"Que sera sera, whatever be will will be, You'll drive past Wemberley, but that's all you'll see! "
I sing back to fans of clubs who get like 20-odd-000 who sing "where we you..."; "we got more than you get now, WE...GOT...MORE...THAN...YOU...GET...NOW!" to the same tune. One bloke at Stoke looked at me, raised his eyebrows and nodded in agreement as if to say "fair enough, maybe I shouldn't be singing that.

The thing is as well, if you don't like opposition fans singing shit at us, maybe the football isn't for you!
"We got more than you get now". I like it. "maybe the football isn't for you" Let me put it this way mate, I've been going since I was a nipper, some 40 years. Been there in the wilderness of the 80's and 90's when we "were shit" and I still go now. This is the best team I've seen so I ain't gonna throw the towel in anytime soon! : )

KippaxCitizen said:
bluemoon risin' said:

!
Good song that!
I like it when they sing at us: it's so stupid it makes me laugh!

28'000 in division3 "city is our name! City is our name we averaged28'000 in division3 city is our name! Quickly followed by soooooooooooooo we were here when we was SHIT!! (or we got more than you get now !!!even when we,re shit) lol;-)

Re: A song to counter

ManCitizens. said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
moomba said:
No need to get wound up, its funny I reckon.

We were here is a top reply.

This, exactly. We should sing back, to exactly the same tune "We were here, we were here, we were here when we were shit". Because it's true.
When we went down to the D3 (however you dress it up, it is the third division, people all over the country were astonished at the size of our attendance sometimes. So we should stay cool as a cucumber when people throw that chant at us, and proudly sing that back. For a while now, I've been thinking of having a t-shirt made. Sky blue (obviously). On the front, in white lettering: "Never forget where we've come from". On the back, same lettering: "Never forget where we're going". I might just do it, too…

We do...
That was my reaction too!

How about singing "28,000 in the third tier, 28,000 in the third tier" over and over again when they start singing it? To the tune of the song tom hark?

That might shut them up!

28,000 in division 2
When we were shit we had more fans than you..
28,000 in division 2
28,000 in division 2
28,000 in division 2

Over and over and over again....
Tune: 35 years and we're still here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.