A striker in January

de niro said:
bony for me.
Pointless getting him now as he will be playing in the ACON. We need cover for Kun if things turn out for the worst and Higuain would be ideal imo.

Ray78 said:
Villa is too short term. If we are looking for a loan striker then it is better having a striker for the remainder of the season not until the MLS starts.

I was thinking as NYFC doesn't seem to be against the idea of letting us loan Lampard until the end of our season, they might let us have Villa as well.

It would be ideal to have a loan striker until the summer, when we could once again spend some real money if we chose to.

Matt the Giant said:
Ray78 said:
Villa is too short term. If we are looking for a loan striker then it is better having a striker for the remainder of the season not until the MLS starts.

I was thinking as NYFC doesn't seem to be against the idea of letting us loan Lampard until the end of our season, they might let us have Villa as well.

It would be ideal to have a loan striker until the summer, when we could once again spend some real money if we chose to.

VIlla would of been ideal choice if he spent a bit longer in Australia and got more game under his belt. I agree with a loan deal but the trouble is finding the right striker who wouldn't look out of place in our squad.

Perhaps Huntelaar at Schalke whose contract runs out in the summer? Proven goal scorer in top European leagues and has worked with Pellers before at R.Madrid if I'm not mistaken?? Could be a interesting option.

What type of striker do we want? A tall, strong player or someone like Aguero, tricky and quick? There's different profiles.

There are many names you could consider but I'm not sure what the club want. Would they want someone to oust Dzeko or someone to back up Aguero and Dzeko? Wilfried Bony, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Carlos Bacca, Alexandre Lacazette, Luiz Adriano, Paco Alcacer, Paulo Dybala, Mauro Icardi... these have all scored goals at a good level (a good league or in Adriano's case, Champions League), but most of the world's best strikers are tied down to contracts.

Someone mentioned Jonathan Soriano, his goal scoring record is phenomenal even in the Europa League, but if he was as good as his stats I would have thought someone would have lured him away from Salzburg like now, like Southampton did with Mane.

David Villa on a short-term maybe but there's no way we could have two of NYCFC's players for too long, their fans are already pissed that Lampard could stay longer...

I thought we are still chained to FFP with us only having something like £10m to spend??

Unless we can find a loan or an import from South American football I can't see us going for a striker.

LoveCity said:
What type of striker do we want? A tall, strong player or someone like Aguero, tricky and quick? There's different profiles.

There are many names you could consider but I'm not sure what the club want. Would they want someone to oust Dzeko or someone to back up Aguero and Dzeko? Wilfried Bony, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Carlos Bacca, Alexandre Lacazette, Luiz Adriano, Paco Alcacer, Paulo Dybala, Mauro Icardi... these have all scored goals at a good level (a good league or in Adriano's case, Champions League), but most of the world's best strikers are tied down to contracts.

Someone mentioned Jonathan Soriano, his goal scoring record is phenomenal even in the Europa League, but if he was as good as his stats I would have thought someone would have lured him away from Salzburg like now, like Southampton did with Mane.

David Villa on a short-term maybe but there's no way we could have two of NYCFC's players for too long, their fans are already pissed that Lampard could stay longer...
Would all be too expensive or unavailable.

I think the reason no-one has taken a punt on Soriano is because he's in his late 20s, whereas Mane was only 22. Also, he didn't make it at Barcelona or Espanyol so that may put some off. I feel we need an out and out goalscorer; Soriano, Huntelaar, Gignac, Shkelzen Gashi, Toni, even Defoe.

My first choice would be Ibrahimovic, but I see that as somewhat impossible.

It's rare you sign quality players in January, quite the gamble too.

Depending on Aguero's injury, we may only have Dzeko and Jovetic for many months. Although I think Pellegrini likes Pozo and possibly Kelechi soon.

It's not ideal but loaning/selling Negredo was still the right thing to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.