A striker in January

sam-caddick said:
I thought we are still chained to FFP with us only having something like £10m to spend??

Unless we can find a loan or an import from South American football I can't see us going for a striker.

Going by Transfermarkt it looks like City has a net spend of 32 million euros this past summer but that number doesn't include 2.5 million euros from Everton for the Barry transfer.

So, without any outgoings in January, City should have at least 28 million euros to spend and potentially up to 30.5 million euros depending on the Barry fee.

I would be very inclined to go for benteke to be honest, at his best he was better than bony, no afcon to worry about, would be more inclined to move as wouldn't be in a top half team. Reckon we Could easily get him under cap. He works his arse off and he has a different dimension to his game than our other three strikers.

He only turned 24 this week so has a lot of improvement in him.

Would prefer us to get another midfielder, but one who offers more of a goal threat: Eriksen from Spurs. Knows the league, too good for his current team, and Spurs might just want money now to start rebuilding. Having him would mean we could maintain the same type of play when either Silva or Nasri are out.

Someone like Cuadrado will be better since he can play in the advanced midfield position and score as well.

Sitka said:
sam-caddick said:
I thought we are still chained to FFP with us only having something like £10m to spend??

Unless we can find a loan or an import from South American football I can't see us going for a striker.

Going by Transfermarkt it looks like City has a net spend of 32 million euros this past summer but that number doesn't include 2.5 million euros from Everton for the Barry transfer.

So, without any outgoings in January, City should have at least 28 million euros to spend and potentially up to 30.5 million euros depending on the Barry fee.
Our financial report showed that we had £38.8m net spend last summer. That means £11.2m + what we generate from possible sales. You don't buy striker for that money, especially in January.

Hopefully Kelechi will get sorted for January, otherwise we'd be looking at an expensive 6 month loan or a cheap veteran on a short term deal. (If Aguero is out for any longer than a month or so)

BigOscar said:
Hopefully Kelechi will get sorted for January, otherwise we'd be looking at an expensive 6 month loan or a cheap veteran on a short term deal. (If Aguero is out for any longer than a month or so)

Pellegrini is a big supporter of bringing in top talented youth and he has a top eye for it, with Cazorla, Isco etc being brought in by Pellers... so in January, I really can see Kelechi being brought in as Marwood has gone on record to say Pellers wants Kelechi asap as he believes he is good enough to break into the 1st team without going on loan...

I can only see Kelechi coming in, subject to his visa, in Jan... no other big players. Qualifying for Champs league my change that though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.