A striker in January

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mario?

I would not go near him, but he knows the club and Liverpool will take close to their money back right now.

He would come here like a fucking shot by the way.

On second thoughts, yeah, why the fuck not, we could have a player who owes us absolutely everything.
Their money back lol,only a fuckin idiot would pay that for him nowadays !!

No way would Arsenal sell to us again, we would probably have PSG interested in him too throwing 80 odd million at him.

Pipe dream if i'm honest.

How about Carlos Vela? He's a fantastic player, skillful, low center of gravity, good finish, eye for a pass et al. All round forward in my eyes, come on leaps and bounds since leaving arsenal at sociedad. A great number 10 or false 9, can play wide as well. He would fit into our team seemlessly and i doubt sociedad would hold off selling him for £20m - £30m.

MeatHunterrr said:
Sitka said:
sam-caddick said:
I thought we are still chained to FFP with us only having something like £10m to spend??

Unless we can find a loan or an import from South American football I can't see us going for a striker.

Going by Transfermarkt it looks like City has a net spend of 32 million euros this past summer but that number doesn't include 2.5 million euros from Everton for the Barry transfer.

So, without any outgoings in January, City should have at least 28 million euros to spend and potentially up to 30.5 million euros depending on the Barry fee.
Our financial report showed that we had £38.8m net spend last summer. That means £11.2m + what we generate from possible sales. You don't buy striker for that money, especially in January.

Where did you get the 38.8 million from? The annual report on the mcfc website shows numbers for the year ending May 31 2014. That would be summer 2013 and january 2014 transfer windows.

callumcity said:
How about Carlos Vela? He's a fantastic player, skillful, low center of gravity, good finish, eye for a pass et al. All round forward in my eyes, come on leaps and bounds since leaving arsenal at sociedad. A great number 10 or false 9, can play wide as well. He would fit into our team seemlessly and i doubt sociedad would hold off selling him for £20m - £30m.
Not to mention homegrown. Would be a good signing, but we haven't got 20-30m to spend in January unfortunately.

kun said:
callumcity said:
Not to mention homegrown. Would be a good signing, but we haven't got 20-30m to spend in January unfortunately.

I'm sure we could work something out. Give em nastasic or something as P/EX.

callumcity said:
kun said:
callumcity said:

I'm sure we could work something out. Give em nastasic or something as P/EX.
With Sociedad?
[bigimg]https://i.imgflip.com/f116y.jpg[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.